Prologue

A/N:
Hello I hope you enjoy this story and I appreciate constructive criticism,but keep in mind this is my first story so be kind and I will also not hesitate to remove a comment if I believe that it is mean or bullying in anyway. Also, this story includes talking of k!ll!ng, swearing, gore and much more. I will post a trigger warning before each chapter,but this is your warning now. If that's not your kind of story feel free to leave.
-Kate :)

"Monsters are real, and it's are job to hunt and kill them." This is the first thing I remember hearing, a simple fact that I have known my whole life. My father is the eldest son in the Lovedock family, my mother a dancer he fell in love with.

10 years before I was born, creatures from all over the world decided to stop hiding and start killing people. My family, among others, decided to also make themselves know as the people responsible for hunting them down and killing them. These families quickly became know as the Creature Hunter Association, CHA for short.

The Lovedock family quickly rose to the seat of power. The eldest son, of the eldest son taking the place of the head of the family and responsible for passing down the family sword upon the birth of there chosen heir. As a unspoken rule in my family that heir was always male. The seat of power in CHA would also be passed down when the previous head either decided to retire or ,more likely, they died.

So from the moment I was found out to be a girl I already had a strike against me in Grandfather's eyes ,the first of many to come. However, that never stopped me from decided to become the best hunter in the family. I insisted that even though I was a girl that I could fight just as well, if not better, then any male my age. A statement that soon became a fact amongst the families. I was on my way to becoming the first female to ever be gifted not only the family sword, Imperia, but also be named the next family head.

I was so excited, and my parents were so proud. Then we went to my Uncle's house to celebrate my birthday, and my life was forever changed in the worst way possible.

All my life I was told that I was responsible for keeping people safe and hunting the monsters that stalked the night, and never in my wildest imagination did I ever think........that I would become one.

————————————————————————————————
I hoped you enjoyed the first installment of the story, let me know what you think so far.

Oh and here's a question:

Q: What is your favorite type of music to listen too?

A: I will listen to anything and everything as long as there is a decent beat to it.