Chapter 20

TW-VIOLENCE AND GORE

After I start to head toward to Mr. Brown's Algebra III room, the class I share with Amy. I make sure to get there early, so I can talk to her. When she sees me however, she turns around and doesn't come back til right before the bell. Giving me no time to talk to her.

Once the bell rings, she gets out of that class like she was just lit on fire. However you can never shake a vampire once they have your scent, we never forget that once we've memorized it.

As the hallway starts to empty out, I take a long shallow breath in through my nose. Trying to locate Amy's scent, through all the tangled mess of smells. Apples and cherries, No. Cream and Oreos, No. Pumpkins and flowers, no,nO, No, NO.

When all of a sudden I smell vanilla and lemonade. There.

I follow the scent to the library, finding Amy in the computer lab. I walk up to her stopping a few feet in front of her, and tap on the desk she's at. Amy looks up a curious look on her face, that is soon overcome by fear when she sees me.

"Hi." I say shyly.

"W- w- What are you doin' here?" She asks getting up, grabbing her bag and backing away slowly.

"I came to apologize, for what happened."

"I didn't tell anyone if that's what your worried about." She states creeping away from me like I will attack her any minute.

"I'm not worried about that at all. I came to make sure you're okay?"

She laughed at me, walking away. I follow after her at a safe distance, so not to scary her. She leaves the library and goes towards the art room, then changes her mind at the last minute, going towards the swimming pool in the opposite direction. I follow her maintaining the same distance.

We walk for a bit, making a circle ending back at the library. When outside the doors she turns around, looking me in the eyes. "Why are you followin' me?"

"Because I want to talk, to explain what happened."

"Why?" She ask annoyed, "So you can almost kill me again'."

"No." I say back honestly, hurt by what she said even though she has a right to be angry. "Like I said before I wanted to make sure you're okay, and maybe. Just maybe see if we can still be friends?"

She laughs harshly before saying, "Am I okay? Am I oKaY? I got attacked by a vampire. You had your fangs and inch away from my face. You held my neck so hard, it bruised. Do you have any idea how hard it was to explain to my roommate, how that happened.

"For days I couldn't leave my house, scared you were goin' find me. The only reason I came back here is because my grades were suffering and I didn't want to lose my scholarship. Tho I honestly considered it, but I worked my ass of to get here. So I said 'fuck it', I'd just avoid ya.

"When I came back, you weren't here. And I can't tell you how happy that made me. When you didn't come back the next day, I'd thought you left. Then you were waitin' for me in Brown's class like nothin' happened.

"Now you want to TALK. To, explain' why ya almost'd killed me." She starts to yell at me her accent getting thicker the longer she talks. "Then ya tell me 'You want to still be my friend'. I don't know how things' are don' around here, but where I'm, from. When someone tries to kill ya', ya run'. Ya call the police, you don't TALK." With every word she speaks, I feel my heartbreaking.

See, this is why you don't get close with a human. THIS is why you kill them on sight. That voice says again, this time I ignore it.