Chapter 21

WhAt? I ask the voice. Oh now you shut up.

"LOVEDOCK!!!" Someone growls at me. I turn to see the last person on earth I to, Derick Wolfvick.

"What the hell is your grandfather thinking?" He yells out to me.

"I'm sorry?" I say shaking my head in confusion "You think that tosser talks to me."

"Tosser?" Derick and Amy ask at the same time. While Nathaniel laughs his ass off, full body laughing hands on knees kind of joy.

"It's a British insult." I reply.

"And a bloody accurate one too." Nathaniel adds wiping a tear from his eye.

"Alright then," Derick continues. "as I was saying. What the hell is your grandfather thinking? He radioed to all hunters that this is a red zone, no hunters are allowed to respond to the distress signals or send reinforcements."

"Oh that bloody cod-sucker." Nathanial huffs out.

"Yea, I don't need you to explain that one." Derick says

"You know what this means Kat? Your prat of a Grand-pop, put Miller on a blacklist. Then filled the fucker with dangerous monsters." Nathaniel adds his anger bubbling over.

"Honestly, I expected nothing less from him." I say on a sigh.

"Wow your Grandpappy must really hate ya'll." Amy tacks on.

"You have no idea." The three of us all say in unison.

"Okay here's the plan." I say snapping into action, clapping my hand to get their attention "We find my Uncle so he can release Nathaniel's demonic power dampener. We then fight our way to the cafeteria. If the Pishteco and Pishacha are just what's being drawn in, the main attraction is nothing good. Derick a reminder, you are going to listen to me right now."

I hold up my finger shutting him up before he can speak, "We do not have time to argue about this right now, considering I'm the most skilled out of the four of us. I'm in charge right now."

"What level of training do you have?" Amy asks.

"Level 15 before I was disowned." I respond. The three of them look at me equal looks of shock.

"Okay then, what's the plan to find your Uncle?" Derick ask me seeming to agreeing to follow my orders.

"So glad you asked." I say with a mischievous smirk. "Your going to act as our shield. Clearing a path for us, sound good."

He grins and lets out a low growl flexing his hands, his nails sharpened into claws instantly.

"Holy shit!" Amy exclaims.

"Now for you," I say turning to her. "You need to go hide, use this dagger to stab any monster you see. They'll die pretty fast once you do." I say offering her my dagger again.

"Ow hell 'nay." She says, "I'm from the south, and we don't go out without a fight."

Pleasantly surprised by her boldness I ask, "What do you know how to fight with?"

"I can hit a lawman from a hundred and twenty paces, with any firearm ya'll got."

I let out a small laugh at her southern saying and nod to Nathaniel, "You heard her, summon her a firearm or two."

With a snap of his fingers, two six barrel revolvers fully loaded with silver tipped bullets, appear strapped to her thighs. Amy lets out a low whistle. "This'll do. This'll do just fine."

We hear a large bang as another Pishteco comes around the hall, about 50 feet from us. Quickly drawing a revolver strapped to her thigh, Amy barley takes a second to aim and fires a bullet right between his eyes. The creature's head kicks back, and he falls to the ground with a loud crash.

"Well buggers, remind me never to piss you off." Nathaniel retorts "Oh side note, those guns will run out of bullets eventually. I can summon things out of thin air not create them."

"Well then we best be off then." I say to everyone.

*

Thankfully we only run into a couple Pishachas on our way, Derick quickly took care of them with no damage to us. The people they were eating not so much. I my uncles classroom the door a crack, dagger drawn in case I need to defend myself. When to door suddenly is ripped from my grasp, and someone is flipping me over their shoulder.

I'm able to twist around and land on my feet, one hand splayed on the ground the other in the air holding the dagger. I dart between the attackers legs in a blur of movement, mostly likely surprising them. Spinning around once I'm on the other side of them, I grab their ankle and pull towards me. They land on their stomach hands splayed out in front of them. Jumping on their back, they fall fully to the floor, my eyes narrow in on the area the heart is located. I raise my dagger and start to bring it down.

When my writs is suddenly grabbed stopping my momentum. I look to see who stopped me and see that its Derick. "We came to find your uncle, not to kill him."

I look down and notice a familiar head of long white hair, oops. I get off of my uncle and offer my hand to helping him up.

"If I wasn't so impressed that you got the drop on me, I would be mad right now." He says rubbing his back in the area I jumped on him.

"Sorry, though you were going to kill me."

"When you opened the door so was I, but then you landed and I saw that it was you. As happy as I am to see you all are okay, what are you doing here?" He asks us.

"Well we came here to A. Get you to release a bit of Nathaniel's power." Nathaniel lets out a small wave behind me "and B. To grab some weapons before we head to the cafeteria."

"Like hell you are." He tells me. "You got shot 2 weeks ago, like fucking hell you are going to to fight a code M-12."

I start to speak but he holds up his hand, stopping me before I can let out a sound much like I did to Derick earlier. He smiles and adds on, "Without me."

—————————————————————————————————

OMG thank you all for 100 reads. I know that may not be much to some, but to me this means a lot.

Thank you all so much, it makes me really happy to know that people are reading my story. 😊😊

-Kate