Chapter 7

"......and that's the end of our tour. So, what do you think of our school?" Amy asks me.

I finally tune back in at that, "It's nice I like it. Never been to a school that has both creatures and humans tho."

Amy nods enthusiastically "Yes, Miller is one of two school this side of the Mississippi that caters to both monsters and humans," I wince at her use of the word monsters "People apply form all over the U.S. to come here. One of the reason why the tuition is so high, I guess."

"You guess?" I ask quizzically.

"I'm here on a scholarship, wrote and essay and applied. I won, and now I'm here. What about you, why did you want to come here?" She asks me.

Before I can think of a excuse I say the closes thing to the truth I can think of , "I live with my Uncle and he teaches here, thought it would be a great idea for me to get use to how things work here."

None of that was a lie. Technically I do live with my Uncle, have for about 5 years know and my Uncle did want me to get used to how things work here. However he wanted me to get used to how humans and creatures work together here.

See none of that was a lie, I just didn't explain in depth. If she wants to assume that I JUST moved in with my Uncle and that he wants me to get used to creatures and humans work together here. Well then that's on her, and I'm not gonna stop her.

The bell ring signally us to go to our next class of the day. "Where are you goin' next?" Amy asks.

I look down at my schedule to make sure I have it right before I say
"Biology with a Mrs. J. Rocks, room 110."

"Lucky, I had Mrs. Rocks last year for Chem, she was so fun. I'll show you where her room is." Amy leads me down a flight of stairs, and down a long ass hallway and stop in front of a door that's open and decorated with a carton scientist with crazy hair, holding a beaker in one hand, and say 'Welcome to Mrs. Rocks class. Let's all have fun.'

I would normally laugh but after having Mr.Brown's the goofy cheerful door is kinds endearing.

"Alright after this is lunch, I'll meet you in the cafeteria. You walk pass it when you come in." Amy says.

"Sorry I can't, I promised that I would help my Uncle sort out some papers during lunch this week." I say stoping her before she leaves.

"Oh, yea no problem. I get it, family first and all. Well have fun with helpin' your Uncle." She says with a sad smile.

"Wait," I say knowing I'm going to regret this later, "Can I have your number? I would love to hang out with you some more, but not on Wednesday's family dinner night. Mandatory attendance with risk of grounding if I skip out."

"Of course! I would like that too." She lets out a smile that I'm sure could power a small city and takes my phone programming her number in after I unlock it for her.

"Well gotta go to Mr. Night's Biology class down the hall. See you later." She waves and jogs to Mr. Night's class about three doors down as the bell ring to signal the staring of class. The first class I'm not tarty too, things are looking up already.

"All right everyone," Says a teacher the has light brown hair in a pony tail that reaches her mid back. Her skin in a dark tan color that hints at Latino heritage. She seems to be in her late 20's, hazel eyes behind thin wire framed glasses and a nice billowy black blouse with flowers on it, paired with a pair of maroon pants and black flats. "We seem to have a new student," she says and gestures at me with a warm smile. "Miss. Lovedock why don't you sit next to.....," she looks around try to find a open lab table for me to sit at, "Ah, why don't yo sit next to Miss. Emily Stewart."

She gestures to a lab table toward the middle with a girl that has red hair, freckles and bright blue eyes. I walk towards her and take the seat next to her.

"Hi, I'm Ka-" I start, but am abruptly stopped when she holds up her hand.

"I know who you are, Katrina Lovedock," she says my name like getting it out of her mouth is the most disgusting thing she has ever done, "First things first, I'm not your friend you will not be mine," she says pointing at my with one fake and sharp fingernail, "In fact outside of this classroom I don't know you. Got it?"

I start to snap back at her with an equally nasty insult, but before I can she say "Good" and goes back to taking notes.

Great now I have to deal with this bitch as my biology partner til I graduate. Great, just great.