Chapter 18

"KATRINA MARIE LOVEDOCK!" My uncle shouted at me climbing up the stairs, "GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED AND GO TO SCHOOL!!!"

2 weeks after I visited my parents' grave, and practically traumatized Amy, my uncle has seemed to have enough of me skipping school. Peeking his head in my room, he finds me still in bed. He looks at me and starts rubbing the space between his eyes again.

"Look, honey. I know your betting yourself up about what happened, but if you never go and try to fix things. It'll always be broken."

I sit up and give him my famous puppy dog eyes. To which he steps forward, and yanks all my covers off. I quickly wrap my arms around me from the sudden chill.

"Up." He says pointing to the door, before he leaves letting me get changed. He pops his head back in my doorway before going downstairs and says to my closed bathroom door, "Oh Nathaniel. The school approved your transfer to day class, so if you want to catch a ride with Kat. Your more than welcome to."

With that he finally leaves my room, and Nathaniel opens the bathroom door. "How did he know I was here?" He asks his accent slightly groggy from sleep, and rocking a bed head.

"I'm a vampire Nathaniel. I have a amazing sense smell, and your scent is very distinct." He calls up before I hear the front door shut.

He looks at me and asks, "What do I smell like, that is so distinct?"

I shrug "You've always smelt like fire and sulfur to me. However I'm told that every creature, with and improved sense of smell, scents something different from every person."

"Interesting." He mumbles out.

*

Upon arriving at school, Nathaniel at my back in a MHS's uniform, somehow the fucker got it custom made by Louis Vuitton. How he did that on such short notice I don't know, nor do I want to.

I get off the bike grabbing my bag, and putting on my ID. Nathaniel on the other hand just snaps his fingers and both appear on him.

"Okay, while your attending school there are rules." I say sternly to him.

"And what do I get as an incentive to follow these rules."

"I don't kick you ass." He raises an eyebrow at my comment.

"Oh, Love, we both know you can't do that." His voice growing darker as black bleeds from his irises as he talks.

"True." I quickly say. "However, while your at this current power level,I can." He huffs out, knowing I'm right.

"As I was saying, there are some rules. Rule number one, you can not display ANY of your abilities while on school grounds. That includes shapeshifting, unless specifically told you can by me or Uncle Liam ONLY. Rule number two, NO deals will be made." At this he balks at me.

"But that is how I make a living." He protests

"Let me finish. No deals will be made, during school hours. Before or after I don't care, if they want to make a deal with a demon that's there issue." He smiles at me his eyes flashing a bright red. "That look leads me into my next rule. Rule number three, you WILL wear your sunglasses while at school. Your eyes are a dead give away that you are at least not human, and creatures will know that you are a demon. However if someone asks what kind of creature you are, you can tell them if you want. This is more of a request not a rule but, can you please refrain from conducting any type of sexual acts during school."

He smiled and pulled a pair of designer sunglasses from his breast pocket. Slipping them over his eyes. "No promises."

"I also reserve the right to add additional rules as I see fit, at any time." He nods his head in agreement.

I hold out my hand waiting for him to shake it and agree to my terms, he reluctantly shakes it. I feel his demon abilities making it an iron clad agreement, one that even he as a powerful demon can't break. After the feeling fades we walk into school.

I can immediately feel the eyes on me, I start to turn around and leave. Nathaniel puts his hands on my shoulders turning me around. "If I have to be here, so do you." He whispers in my ear.

Instead of going to class early like I normally do, Nathaniel leads me to an open table. Practical forcing me, he sits me down in a chair on the outskirts of the cafeteria. He sits down across from me a sardonic smile plastered on his face. I feel a hand on my shoulder and see Malia standing next to me.

"Mind if I sit down?" She says gesturing at the seat next to mine. I nod my agreement. "You okay. I tried to call you, but it kept going to voicemail."

"Yea sorry about that, after what happened I just wanted to ignore the world for a bit."

"What did happen? Amy left to go check on you, taking your bag with her. I tried to stop her, but she didn't listen."

"It's alright." I say. Knowing that she tried her best, but she couldn't really stop her without reveling what I am.

"When she came back, there was dried tears on her eyes. She even had a bruise on her neck, tho she tried to hide it." I wince at her tone.

"Oh you can thank, Love here for that." Nathaniel speaks up, for a moment I forgot he was here.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" She asks.

"Nathaniel Andrews, night class transfer. How'd you do?" He says holding out his hand for a shake

"Good, I think?" She pauses for a moment shaking his hand the she takes in his words, "Did you say night class?"

"Yes, I did." A smirk starting to form on his lips, knowing what she was going to asks next.

"Oh really. Then what kind of creature are you?"

He gives a truly wicked smile before saying, "A demon."

The temperature around her heats up a notch. With a slight quiver in her voice she says, "A dEmOn."

"A demon prince, to be exact."

"And you wonder why I don't introduce you to my friends." I say to him.