Chapter 10

Present

"..... then I kicked him out the door, and he ran." I told them finishing my story, leaving out the two promises I made.

"That fucking bastard!" Asha said tears streaming down her face, either from sadness or anger I don't know. Shawn and Malia had equal looks of anger of their face, and I think making a fire element mad is not a very good idea. While Derick on the other hand, zoned out as soon as I stared talking. The jerk.

"So, now you know our story of how we became this," I said gesturing to Uncle Liam and myself. "Who's next, because I assume all of you were born the way you are, but I could be wrong so......"

I looked around the room waiting for someone to speak. I was soon reward for my patience when Malia spoke up.

"The others already know this, but seeing as you are new its only far that I tell you. Like you guessed I was born this way, however I didn't know I was a creature until later. Parent's died when I was young sent into foster care, human foster care." I look at her with a what the fuck expression, "Yea, at first I didn't know. Just the standard high body temp stuff, then I uh- burnt down my foster home." Malia said on a sheepish laugh.

That got a eyebrow raise from me, "I didn't mean too, they quickly realized that I was a fire element and sent me to live with a group of other elementals. Good news tho I got adopted by one of the families pretty quickly. They're water elementals but I still love my moms, so no harm no foul." She said on a shrug. "They sent me here because they heard about the program for creatures here and the rest is history."

"Shawn, Asha, Derick would any of you like to share?" My uncle ask the room in an encouraging manner.

Shawn huffs out a "Born this way, so are my parent. No tragic backstory here. Sent here because they heard it had a high turn over rate to Ivy League schools."

Asha just shook her head with a quick, "Another time."

Malia leaned towards me and lets out a quite, "Know one here knows anything about Asha other then she's a fairy. No idea if she was born into a creature family like Shawn and Derick or discovered it the hard way like me. She's kinda shy and doesn't hang out with anyone except for the other fairies."

I nod understanding how Asha may feel. Being a Lovedock and living in the main house, but going to normal school. Well it wasn't a cake walk. Everyone would either treat me like a hero or just ran away from me, so I hung out with the other main house kids. Some were older, some younger, but I didn't care. They knew what it was like, having grown up in the same house and facing the same issues as me. It made it easier to fit in. So, I can see where Asha may be coming from by hanging out with other fairies. Like how I hung out with other Lovedock's.

"All right then," My uncle says checking his watch. "It looks like we have about 5 minutes till the meeting is over. Would anyone like to ask questions, remember you don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"Yea I have one," Shawn speaks with a note of anger in his tone "Kat. How can you go around killing not only your own kind, but other creatures as well?"

I startle at his words. "Um, I'm not the only hunter in the room, I'll remind you. Why don't you ask Derick too?"

"The question was directed at you, leave me out of this." Derick responded. Asshole

"Firstly I only patrol, I don't hunt. Hunter is just a broad term for what me AND Derick do." I say slightly matching his aggression with my own. "Secondly, I only kill creatures who've I seen attacking people, or give me reason to believe they have. Like for example being covered in human blood, fresh human blood."

"What about the hunters who've hunted you. Your a quote 'dangerous' kill on sight creature after all?" Shawn accuses.

"I don't kill them either," I respond fully giving in to my anger. "I fight them yes, but I always leave them alive. The worst I've done is give some sprained wrist and broken a couple fingers."

At this last remark all four look at me like I just admitted to mass murder. "Oh stop looking at me like that, I didn't mean to break their fingers. I kicked out at them and they tried to block it with their hand. My strength plus their fingers equal broken bones."

At this Asha and Malia look relived, Derick looks angry, and Shawn just looks down right............annoyed for some reason.

"Alright then how 'bout we end this meeting early. See you all next week." My uncle says clapping his hands to get our attention.

Everyone packs up to leave, I'm almost out the door when Shawn walks past me hitting my shoulder as he walks out. Okay, he does not like me then, I think.

I head back to my locker to grab my helmet, and ride home and end this long ass day. Just as I'm about to start my bike my phone goes off.

UNKOWN NUMBER-I GOT YOUR NUMBER FROM YOUR UNCLE. WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU WANTED TO HANG OUT SOMETIME. -MALIA🔥

Looks like I got a second friend, not a bad day, but a a voice in the back of my head adds, and two new enemies.