Chapter 22

TW-SLIGHT VIOLENCE

"Only problem is, I need someone to guard theses guys." Uncle Liam says gesturing to the class. Then I notice the student huddling in the corners of the room, scared.

"We'll stay." Derick says motioning to him and Amy.

"Your sure?" Uncle ask him.

"Yea. The alert said CHA hunter level 10 and above.I'm at level 9 right now, couldn't do much anyways. Plus Amy here is one hell of a good shot. We can tag team it, me up close guarding the door and Amy farther away getting anything that gets past me."

It's a good plan, I'm kind shocked that he thought of it. My uncle nods, secure in the knowledge that the students will be protected.

After looking around for I find, 6 throwing knives, 8 daggers and 5 throwing stars. I place the throwing stars in my bag, after I strap the knives and daggers to my person.

"Did you bring Imperia with you?" Derick asks me. The sword is well know so I'm not surprised he knows it's name, however I and surprised he asked that.

"Yea I fit it in the carry on section under my bike seat, the one that can barley fit my bag." I reply with a tone of sarcasm.

"You could've just said, no. Didn't have to be snarky about it." He mutters.

"What was that? I don't speak Wolf."

"And I don't speak bat." He retorts.

"Wolfdick"

"Lovesuck"

"Wolfbain" I say to him taking a step towards him in challenge.

He sees my challenge and mimics my step with one of his own."Blooduck"

We throw a couple more, insult at each other. We find creative ways to insult each other, only using variations of our last names. By the time we finish we are only inches apart.

He's taller then me so he has to look down at me slightly to glare at me, while I have to look up at him. This action, and our proximity, puts our mouths on equal levels. A spark runs between us and it has me noticing that, all it would take is a small surge forward and we would be kissing.

I shift my eyes downward and I spare a quick glance at his lips. His lips are pulled back in a snarl, I see that his lips are unusually smooth and soft looking for a guy. For a second, I wonder what it would be like to kiss him. Would it be soft and gently, rough and hard, or somewhere in between.

I look back to his eyes and see his was also looking at my lips. He starts to lean forward and I wonder if he's going to kiss me. I don't know how I would react. No one has ever really kissed me before, I never let anyone close enough to even try. If Derick did kiss me, I realize that I'd let him.

I start to lean up, going to meet him half way. Deciding that if I'm going to die today, which is more then likely than not, that I will die knowing what it feels like to kiss Derick Wolfvick. I start to close my eyes, anxiously waiting for him to press his lips to mine.

"Dear Lucifer, would you two get a room already." Nathaniel comments interrupting us.

We both jump back, the spark between us gone. I turn towards the door to leave, my face slightly red from the road my thoughts took, when I feel Derick grab my wrist stopping me. Not enough to hurt, but enough to tell me he wants to say something.

"Don't die out there okay, Katrina?" He pleaded with a look of concern that surprises me.

"I promise, and it's Kat. No one I like calls me Katrina."

A small smile pulls his lips into a smile, not a snarl a real smile. For the first time I see that he has a dimple in his right cheek.

A dimple I reach up and kiss before, I slip my wrist out of his grasp. I turn to leave, about to fight whatever monster awaits me. With my uncle and my best friend by my side, I walk out the door. Going to face a monster that may end up killing us everyone.

—————————————————————————————————

I finally got to write a Derina scene. So happy UwU

Let me know who you guys ship in the comments.

I ship Nathaniel x Therapy. Lol.

He wouldn't go to therapy.

-Kate