Chapter 26

Rory came down the steps to find Happy in the dining room with a beer. She couldn't ask him to leave, at that moment all the bills were still being paid by him and the beer was bought with his money. It just didn't feel right.

"Did you guys have fun?" Rory grabbed herself a bottle but didn't sit with him.

"Yeah, I fucking missed her. I missed you too."

"Well, you have no one to blame but yourself for that."

Happy nodded. "SAMTAZ treating you alright?"

"They're trying to crawl up my ass."

"I know that's not something you're into." He said with a devilish grin.

Rory couldn't help but smile. "At least you asked and listened when I said no, they keep trying. They're very overbearing, the complete opposite of SAMCRO but I know you ask them to check up on me."

"I only asked once." He said, his face turning into his annoyed glare. "They around a lot?"

She shrugged. "I guess. It's the women more than the men usually."

"I'll say something; have them give you some breathing room. They don't know about your line of work, they probably don't think you suspect anything."

"I just figured they wanted to impress Redwood." Rory found herself now sitting with Happy, she wondered how it happened but they were always drawn to each other. Sometimes it wasn't something she could explain or define.

"Probably." He looked back at the money on the end table. "So, you really aren't taking that cash?"

"No," she said firmly. "I feel like you're using it to show you love her instead of being here. Be here, Happy, it's what we'd both rather have than stacks of blood money."

"I'm staying the weekend." He said cheerfully. "I'll be here today through Monday, just the three of us."

"Hap, we're not together anymore." She spoke through gritted teeth. "You told me, in silence and grunts, that you don't want this long distance. I want to move on; I don't want to be alone. A fuck or a blowjob from a crow eater gets you through; I need a connection, a relationship. I'm not going to sit here and play happy family with you when you decide to be here because that's what you want at the moment. I'm sorry. You're welcome to stay and be with Emma, that would be incredible, but I'm not going to pretend for the weekend that we're fine because we're not."

"Ror, come on, don't be like that."

"Like what?" She stood up and backed away from him. "Practical and mature? I want a normal life, as normal as possible I guess. I have a date this weekend, I'm trying to stop loving you."

"A date?" He stood up and narrowed his eyes, staring at her angrily. "No. I need to check this guy out first. Who the hell was going to watch Em?"

"Well, now you are and no you're not checking him out. I'm not an idiot; I know how to spot trouble. I saw it in you a mile away."

"You're not." He glared at her. "I'll transfer to SAMTAZ, it's calmer here anyway. We can be together, a family."

"No." She was outraged. "You only want to be with me because another man has interest?"

"I always want you." He said hard as he came toward her.

She shoved him back. "Don't say that shit to me. What are you trying to manipulate me? There is nothing I wanted more than for us to be together and to raise our daughter but you proved that's not possible."

Happy charged toward her and gripped her arms as he pressed her against the wall. "Then let's do it."

"No. Now get your hands off me."

"Rory, I'm telling you I'll leave Redwood, come down here to be with you."

"You're saying it because I have a date. You're saying it because you're looking at me like I'm your property. You're acting like some petulant child who only wants a toy because someone else is playing with it. Well, I'm not a fucking toy and I'm not yours anymore."

Happy growled and kissed her, biting down on her lip and tugging as she tried to squirm away. "You're always mine."

"No, I'm not." Rory pushed him away from her. "You need to leave."

He expected her to be naked by now. Whenever they fought, they ended up in bed with bruises that were not formed from fighting. "Please, Rory."

"You broke my heart." She said softly. "I can't. I'm sorry, Hap."

Seeing him actually show how hurt he was, made Rory pause and rethink it all. She took a few steps closer to him. Against her better judgment, she kissed him passionately. Cupping her cheek, Happy pushed his body to hers with a thud as they hit the wall. It was bad, Rory knew it was bad but as he fiddled with her jeans, she had no desire to stop him. She wriggled them off, bending to pull them from her ankles and when she stood, she made quick work of his belt and pants. Happy lifted her up, bracing her against the wall, and she gripped his shoulders as he slipped into her.

"Fuck." He growled feeling her tight around him as he began moving his hips. The sting from her nails as they dug into his skin excited him and Happy began moving faster until the awkward position was too frustrating. Swinging her around, he balanced her along the back of the couch with her one leg up along his chest. It was rough and painful but the act wasn't about love, it was about satisfaction and working out the tension between them. Rory scratched her nails down his chest and her back arched as she climaxed, her body shaking beneath his as the waves of pleasure crashed over her. She suppressed her scream by pulling him toward her and kissing him hard. She smiled to herself as he grunted into her mouth, the pulsing she felt from within her told Rory his own orgasm had peaked.

"That was fucking awesome." She sighed. "At least we have a better last fuck to remember, the one before this was pitiful."

Happy pulled his boxers up and snaked his arms around her back, picking her up without speaking. "I always go soft with you. You turn me around all the fucking time."

"Please don't do this." She begged, loving the feel of her body in his arms but hating his topic of conversation.

Sitting on the couch with her in his lap Happy closed his eyes, ready for sleep, and grumbled holding her tight. "Fine. Let's just not talk then."