Chapter 13

Yay! New readers! You all rock! Thanks for the support, comments and votes! Love it! Xoxo

--

It had been two days since the guardianship fight but you could still feel the tension that filled the house. Happy was on the floor with Emma, a few random toys spread out around them when Rory stormed in from the laundry room.

"What the fuck is this?" As he stood she whipped his boxers, complete with pink lipstick smears, at his face.

Happy caught the fabric and gave it one quick look before sending it back at her. "Business."

"Business?" She asked, her mouth hanging open. "You make the Russians wear slutty pink lipstick when they blow you?"

Emma was still the floor, her face screwed up as her parents conversation grew louder and more intense. "It didn't mean shit." He said annoyed. "What happens out there don't mean shit. Ror, you're an old lady you know that's how it works."

"That's how it works?" She gasped as she repeated his words. "No. That's not how it works. Don't pull that misogynist bullshit on me! That's not how WE work you fucking asshole."

There was so much more fueling her outburst but nothing hurt like the betrayal. She used the rage from their earlier fight to keep from crying and, in her mind, showing weakness.

"I'm the asshole?" He stepped away from Emma. "You're the one who lied to me, ran off and had my kid without fucking telling me. You let those assholes be around her before I even knew she existed. I got a fucking blow job from a nasty stripper to seal the gun deal. That's it, that's all I did."

"Oh, okay. How about I run up to Oregon and get Brad to eat my pussy for all the medical advice and doctor referrals? Or maybe Brad AND Johnny since he gave me food and shelter for MONTHS after I left your selfish ass. That's all business too, isn't it?"

"You know that ain't the fucking same, Rory."

Happy took a step toward her but froze as Emma looked up at him with big, brown, doleful eyes. "Big man, what were you going to hit me?" Rory clamped her mouth shut as Emma burst into hysterics and scooped the little girl up. "Baby I'm sorry." She whispered. "I'm so sorry, I never meant for you to see that."

"I wasn't going to hit you." Happy mumbled as Rory shielded Emma from him. "I'd never fucking hit you."

"We're leaving. You can get all the blow jobs and fuck all the crow eaters you want. I don't do that shit, it's a deal breaker and you knew that from jump. You'd think as a father to a little girl you'd have more goddamn respect for me and our relationship."

"You're not taking her anywhere." Happy growled. "I'll go. You stay here. I want to know where you both are."

"Yes, sir." She said sarcastically as he trudged up the steps to grab some clothes.

His boots hit the floorboards hard with each step. His anger was palpable and audible. Part of Rory wanted to stop him, force him to sit and talk it all over but she was too proud and she wasn't about to let the cheating slide. He came down the steps with a black bag over his shoulder.

"I'll be at the clubhouse." Reaching for Emma he took the little girl into his arms and held her tight. He was furious with Rory but leaving Emma broke his heart. "I love you, baby girl." He said softly and wiped a tear from the corner of her eye.

Rory took Emma back but before he could leave she spoke. "Here." She flung the filled out birth certificate and name change paperwork at him.

He had no idea he wasn't on the birth certificate but Happy knew Emma's last name was not Lowman and it stung him no end. "Emma Eloise Harvelle Lowman." He read aloud.

"Before I legally added you on I wanted to change her name as a surprise." Rory's voice cracked and betrayed her. "You're welcome."

As he left she hoped he'd understood why she showed it to him. Yes, she wanted it to hurt but she also wanted him to know she tried everyday to make it all up to him. She hated that he missed the pregnancy and Emma's first few months, the name was meant to be a peace offering and proof of the fact that no one could ever have replaced him and no one ever would.