Chapter 79: Hangovers, Liers, and Blizzards

Crimson's POV:

I woke up and still felt exhausted. The loud and annoying noise of the fun ringing echoed through the room. I reached over and answered, still half-asleep. 

"Hello? It's Charles," Charles spoke over the phone. 

Oh shit. Oh no. Does he know? How would he know? I feel like he knows.

"Hello?" Charles asked. 

"Yes, Charles?" I spoke trying to sound awake.

"I've been informed that you and Erik didn't check into your flights," Charles stated with a slight edge to his voice.

"We- we uh were just wrapping things up here and ended up running behind schedule," I lied. 

"Uh-huh, can I speak to Erik?" Charles asked. 

"Yeah, just a second he's in the shower," I quickly spoke. 

I set the phone face down on the nightstand and rushed over to Erik. I started to shake him awake. He slowly woke up and looked around confused while holding his head. 

"Erik you're hungover; I'll explain later. Your husband is on the phone, we missed our flights, you need to lie," I explain very quickly and quietly. 

Erik nodded and seemed somewhat awake. I grabbed the phone and handed it to Erik. Erik spoke with Charles for a few minutes before hanging up.

"Well?" I asked. 

"I think he knows, also we need to be on a plane in less than an hour," Erik spoke nonchalantly. 

"YOU SHOULD HAVE LEAD WITH THAT!" I exclaimed rushing to start packing. Erik clutched his head in his hands. 

"Please shut up," Erik begged. 

"No, your drunk ass embarrassed me last night," I stated a little quieter.

"I only got drunk because I'm better than you," Erik spoke under his breath.

"Oh, so that's how it gonna be," I questioned. 

Ten Minutes Later

We stumbled out of the hotel lobby and tried to flag down a taxi. Erik had a pair of sunglasses on and was still grimacing in pain. 

"Can you please turn the sun off?" Erik groaned. 

"Erik, if I turn the sun off everyone will die," I stated.

"And?" Erik responded.

"Erik!" I quietly exclaimed slapping his arm. 

Twenty Minutes Later

Erik and I went our separate ways in the airport and I opened up my third envelope. Inside was a ticket to Brian Head, Utah. Utah it is, I guess.

A Few Hours Later

I drove into the very small mountain town and took notice of the welcome sign. Elevation 10,000 feet, population 69. I noticed the thick layer of snow that coated pretty much everything despite it being mid-spring. The town was still abuzz with life and people. 

I pulled into the parking lot of the ski lodge whose flyer was in the envelope. I grabbed my bags and walked into the huge lobby. I went to the front desk where I was informed my "associate" had already checked in. I searched around before finding my room number in the suites section of the lodge. Charles really went all out huh. I unlocked and then slowly opened the wooden door. I spotted someone I definitely wanted to see.

"Hello, love," Hank spoke getting up from his seat. 

"It's good to see you Bones," I replied while we pulled each other into an embrace.