Chapter 29

Hank's POV:

One year later

I sat on the couch holding the bridge of my nose between my fingers. 

"The Pentagon? You're serious Peter?" I asked.

"Yeah, I mean they did kill like half the royal family, so-" Peter answered.

"We'll find a way, we just need to prepare," Charles spoke up.

"Do you have a plan, Charles?" Scott questioned.

"I have half a plan," Charles answered.

"Great, half a plan," I spoke frustrated. 

"Do you want to hear the plan or not?" Charles asked.

"Does it require Raven? Because she just left" Logan spoke leaning on the doorframe. 

"It doesn't anymore," Charles answered.

"Well old man get on with it," Peter scoffed.

Crimson's POV:

I sat on my cot bored as hell. One can only have so many pillow fights before even they get boring. Erik at least makes things more interesting. I think we've told each other every story we have. He reminds me a lot of myself, it turns out we are annoyingly similar. I glanced over and saw Erik laying down on his cot, with his eyes wide open.

"Hey, there's one upside to this whole you and I stuck together for life thing," I said getting his attention.

"And what's that?" He asked turning his head to look at me.

"I don't wanna kill you anymore," I spoke quieter.

"How sweet," Erik retorted.

Silence fell once again. Erik may be annoying as hell, but hey at least I'm not alone for the rest of my life. Would Erik be my first choice of company for life? HELL NO, but he is growing on me a bit.

"What do you think they're doing right now?" Erik asked.

"I'll bet Charles is giving some inspirational speech about how great we are and why everyone needs to help find us"

"Hank is no doubt in the lab making god knows what"

"If my brother hasn't already killed him"

"Maybe they worked things about, we did"

"Oh, we did Erik?"

"And I'm going back to sleep"

"Wait no-"

"I can't hear you I'm sleeping"

"Do you think all this sleeping will make us depressed?"

"You're gonna make me depressed"

"Love you too Erik"

I laid down and rolled onto my side. One upside to prison is that it's super quiet when Erik is asleep. I drifted off to sleep in the world's most uncomfortable "bed". 

An unknown number of hours later

I woke up to the noise of something hitting the floor. I sat up groggily and spotted the food trays on the floor. I grabbed my pillow and got up. I walked over to where Erik slept and whacked him in the face. He woke up and shook his head in confusion. 

"Foods here"

"And you had to tell me that with a pillow to the face?"

"Of course"

Erik pulled himself out of bed and we walked to the trays. There was a note written on a napkin in chicken scratch handwriting. 

"Mind the glass?" Erik spoke in confusion. I glanced up to the window above us and spotted Peter in guard's uniform. I smacked Erik's arm and pointed at Peter. 

"Your son is here"

"Can you ground an adult?"

"If you can catch him"

Peter squatted down and placed his hands on the glass. He broke out into a grin and soon all the glass shattered and begun to cascade down around us in pieces. I turned my head to face away from the glass as it fell. After it all landed Erik and I jumped up and grabbed the window frame. We pulled ourselves up and dusted off shards of glass. 

"What's the plan here silverware?" I asked Peter.

Peter said nothing and just stood between Erik and I and placed a hand on the back of each of our necks. Oh no. I think I understand the plan and I don't like it. Too late. We sped forward and the world passed in a blur. Soon we stopped in an elevator. I glanced over and saw a man duct-taped up in the corner of the elevator. The door dinged open and I saw Charles and Logan standing soaked in a kitchen with water raining down on them. Charles was standing? Was the wheelchair thing just a long practical joke? What the fuck?! I looked back and Erik was equally confused and Peter had changed into his usual tinfoil outfit. 

"FREEZE!" Several voices called out. We turned and saw several guards making their way through the kitchen nonmetal guns drawn. 

"Freeze them, Charles," Erik whispered.

"I can't," Charles spoke and it sounded as though it pained him. 

Suddenly the guards were punching each other and themselves and they fall fell down unconscious. Peter stood on the other side of the room with his headphones in and a guard's hat on. I turned to Charles in confusion.

"You're standing"

"And you have two hands"

Logan cleared his throat and gestured for us to follow him. We snuck out through a random side door of the Pentagon. We calmly walked out to the parking lot and surprisingly no one noticed the two most wanted people in the world just walk out. We walked to a car and drove away. 

"I think we all have a lot to talk about," Peter spoke.

"Yeah, no shit," Erik and I spoke unfortunately in sync.