Bucky x y/n

WARNINGS: Nightmares, flashback, panic attacks, 

PROMPT: from a request in my other book - y/n has insomnia and nightmares and wakes Bucky up in the night for help with that 

PROUNOUNS: none mentioned - safe for everyone to read! 

NICKNAMES: Doll, sweetie, kiddo

***

Yes this is from my other book, I wanted to post for Sebastian's birthday. It's been changed a little to fit this book more.

***

BUCKY ^ - Daddy 

BUCKY ^ - Daddy 

STEVE ^ - Uncle Stevie 

You were asleep in your own bed, in your own room, but you couldn't sleep.
You were constantly up checking your room was locked and having to make Jarvis do sweeps of your space for intruders and other people.
Your little headspace started kicking in but - 

You finally managed to get to sleep after hours of endless tossing and turning, multiple pointless bathroom breaks and an endless amount of checking your room and under your bed for monsters.
But as always your sleep only lasted about an hour before you were quickly woken up by a flashback filled nightmare.
You shot up in bed, sweaty and breathing heavy, without even thinking you shouted for your Bucky, when he didn't come for you, you jumped up out of bed - flinging the blankets away from you and rushed out of your room in a search for him.

In your panic you forgot about the room change and went running around the compound.
As you were rushing around you bumped into something, the thing wrapped his arms around you and started talking
S:" Hey kiddo, what's going on?"
You kicked and fought back, not yet registering who was holding you back from looking for Bucky.
S:" Hey, hey.. Kiddo, it's me, it's Uncle Stevie, your alright. You're safe"
y/n:" D-daddy's, he-hes gone, hes gone we've got to find him. Stevie!"
You turned around in his grip, and grabbed at his shirt
S:" You had a nightmare kiddo? He's not gone, he's asleep - it's 4am"

You instantly pushed off Steve's chest and out from his grasp and ran as fast as you could up to your Daddy's room, you barged open the door and ran to his bed.
You pulled back the covers slightly as you were about to get into the bed beside him he sat up.
He took one look at you, you looked panicked and frantic, and held out his arms.
B:" It's okay Doll, you're alright"
He shuffled over to the lamp with you tucked into him on his lap, he turned on the lamp just as someone appeared at the door.

Both you and Bucky looked towards the intruder ready to fight them off
S:" Woah, both of you relax, it's just me. I come baring a lost stuffy to give back to their rightful carer"
He held your your stuffy to you, you reached out for them, pulling them tight into your chest as soon as they came into your grasp.
Bucky smiled down at you before looking up at Steve and mouthing a " thank you" to him; Steve just nodded and left you two alone again.

Once Bucky deemed you clam enough he pulled you back from him a little
B:" So Doll, can you tell me what happened?"
You made a sound to tell him no and tired to cuddle back into him.
B:" C'mon Sweetie, can you tell me what's wrong?"
y/n:" You were gone and I couldn't find you -"
You looked up at him and in a soft, lost voice you whispered
" You left me"
A tear rolled down your face but Bucky was quick to wipe them away
B:" No, no Doll, I would never leave you... ever, ever, ever, ever, and you know that was 4 ever's so I'm never leaving you"

You giggled slightly at he silliness which made him smile, he layed down, holding you into his side to protect you.
B:" Daddy will keep you safe Doll, do you think you can try sleep for me?"
He pressed a kiss to the side of your head and brushed your hair from your face. 
You shook your head, no. 
Bucky put on a fake shocked voice
B:" No?! I think you want to sleep, don't you?" 
You shook your head again making a 'mhm' sound as you did so. 
B:" Not even if your (stuffys name) is sleepy?" 
y/n:" Oh-"
You sat and though for a second before sighing - he got you. 

y/n:" I sleep if Daddy does too"
He chuckled at your ultimatum but obviously agreed 
B:" Alright Doll, you win."
y/n:" Yay! I awways win. Daddy cuddles?" 
You reached for him, as he layed down he pulled you on top of him, covering you with blanket and his metal arm, knowing it made you feel protected. 

He placed a kiss to your forehead
B:" Nigh-night Sweety"
y/n:" You'll protect me, right?" 
B:" Of course Doll"
y/n:" Okay, nigh-night daddy. I wove you"
He chuckled at your attempt to draw out when you had to actually go to sleep 
B:" I love you too Doll, it's sleepy time now" 

a/n: It's Seb's birthday!!! 

So happy birthday to him - even though he will never see this. 

I hope everyone is doing well. 

And I hope this chapter was alright, I wrote this one for myself so I'm sorry if you don't relate with it as much

xxx

972 words