🌞Chapter 38🌻

🌞🌻

To be honest, Gulf didn't remember much about the movie.

There had only been a few people in the theater, so the two of them had held hands the entire time the movie played, paying no attention to the people around them.

Afterwards, they had gone to Sankaitei, the Japanese steakhouse.

They had started with beer to accompany their meal, then moved on to sake. It had an elegant aroma that went well with their food. Once they had stuffed themselves, they moved into the restaurant's bar and ordered some after-dinner drinks.

"That was good, wasn't it?"

"Amazing," Gulf agreed without the slightest hesitation. "I thought it was great when I came here with my boss, too. I really understood why you wanted to take me here. But tasting the food with you beside me, it seems even better than last time."

"The food is exactly the same, though."

"Still."

Still---eating with the man he loved filled his heart and stomach both.

Feeling slightly tipsy, they returned to their regular hotel in one of the hubs of Shijuku. Instead of going directly to their room, they went to the bar on the top floor.

They sat next to a window which offered a spectacular view of Shinjuku's lights.

Gulf left the selection of drinks up to Mew. He received a shot glass filled with a translucent liquid as blue as the clearest sky. "What is it?"

"A Sky Dive."

He brought it to his lips

He brought it to his lips. It was brisk and a little sweet, with a nice aftertaste.

"What do you think?"

"It's really good. What's in it?"

"White rum, blue curacao, and lime juice."

"You know how to make one?"

"No way. You don't make stuff like this yourself. It's way better to a place like this and let the professionals take care of you." Mew said matter-of-factly. Gulf nodded at his logic.

He heard a familiar strain of jazz in the background, and it mingled with the clouds of cigarette smoke. Mew sat beside him, his shoulder occasionally bumping against Gulf's. The warmth he felt each time, the stunning nightscape of Shinjuku---all of it became like rich wine.

Gulf felt his head, his heart, and his body swimming.

He drank the second cocktail that Mew chose for him, which only added to his intoxication.

🌞

🌻

"Are you okay?"

When they returned to their room, Gulf needed to lean on Mew's shoulder to walk.

"I'm fine."

Gulf answered in high spirits.

He was extremely drunk, but he didn't feel sick. On the contrary, he was relaxed, practically floating.

"I was having so much fun."

"I can tell."

Mew sounded a little surprised, but he was cheerful. Just looking at Mew made Gulf feel cheerful too.

"Let's get your jacket off so it doesn't wrinkle at least," Mew said, after Gulf had collapsed into bed.

"Okay."

"Stop hiding under the covers, then."

Mew put a hand to his shoulder. Gulf laid his own hand over it and turned over.

"You're pretty drunk, huh?"

"I am not."

"Don't lie to me. If you're so sober, go take a bath."

"...Kay."

Gulf felt so great, he rubbed his cheek on Mew's arm adoringly. He breathed in the smell of cigarette smoke that perfumed his fingertips and stretched his tongue out to them. He only flicked it over them at first, then licked them from tips to palm.

"Hey!"

Mew was leaning over him, his hands on either side of the pillow. Gulf circled his arms around Mew's neck. He pulled himself up with all his might, gazing into Mew's face, mere inches from his own.

"Take my clothes off."

Mew had a strong-looking nose and masculine features. Gulf had felt eyes on his companion all night.

TBC