🌞Chapter 27🌻

🌞🌻

At last, Mew's phone rang.

"Yeah?" he answered tonelessly. Then his eyebrows shot up at what the person on the other end told him. "And what about Bright?"

Gulf's heart pounded at the sound of that name.

"Okay. Stop the car near there." Mew hung up and shoved the phone into his pocket. "He's at the location."

Mew opened a bottle of the mineral water kept in the car. He moved slightly away from Gulf, then poured the entire bottle over his own head.

"What are you doing?"

"I can't let the guys see me looking so pathetic."

He wiped off his wet face with his hands. Gulf offered him a handkerchief as Mew swept his hair off his forehead. Mew took Gulf's hand along with the handkerchief and pulled him toward him, covering him with hungry kisses.

His hair got Gulf's face wet. Through half-open eyes, their gazes locked and they watched each other as they kissed.

"Stay in the car."

"No way!"

Gulf shook his head quickly.

"What about the things I told you, Gulf?"

"I remember." Gulf wasn't intimidated by Mew's threatening words. "I know you worry about me. But this is all my fault for not stopping Bright."

"Of course it's not your fault. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"No, I wasn't!" Gulf denied that idea immediately. "I'm with you by my own choice."

Gulf withstood the powerful glare Mew turned on him.

"I don't want to be a burden on you, so I'm going to take responsibility for my own actions."

"Well, come on then."

"And anyway, if it doesn't work out, you'll save me, won't you Mew?"

They stared at each other for a long moment when there was a knock on the window, and Mew looked away. "Fine, whatever."

"Mew..."

"Just don't do anything I'm going to regret."

Mew grabbed Gulf's shirt. "If you get in trouble, I'll be right behind you. And if you're so worried about making things hard for me, don't do anything stupid."

Gulf saw himself reflected in Mew's eyes. He knew Mew was reflected in his own. "I promise."

Even though he said he'd take responsibility for himself, Gulf knew that Mew was indulging him.

The car door opened.