🌞Chapter 26🌻

🌞🌻

A black Toyota Century waited outside the site. Mew got in first and Gulf hurried in after him. Mew reached out one hand across the seats and tangled his fingers, one by one, with Gulf's and squeezed tight.

"Mew."

There was a barrier between them and the driver's seat. Mew pushed a button and it slid shut.

"Let's go."

"Yes, sir."

The car began moving at Mew's order. He almost seemed to have been waiting for that: in the next moment, he reached out once again for Gulf's chin and peered into his face.

"Me---"

Before Gulf could finish saying his name, Mew covered Gulf's lips with his own. He held both his arms and sucked desperately on his lips.

"Mm!"

Gulf's back was pressed into the seat and, unable to move in the slightest, their tongues tangled together. He whimpered under the force of the kiss, which granted him not even enough time to snatch a breath.

The feeling of their lips pressed together, of the movements of Mew's tongue, and the spreading taste of tobacco in his mouth---all these things were distinctively Mew.

Gulf resisted for a moment, but it was only for show. He quickly accepted the man's kiss.

He rested both his arms on Mew's shoulders and matched the movements of the man's tongue with his own. They tangled, each exploring the other, when Mew pulled back reluctantly. His tongue flicked out to lick the cut beside Gulf's lip.

"Ow."

There was a sharp, momentary pain. Mew's tongue moved on to his cheek, then his forehead, deliberately prodding him.

"Mew! That hurts."

"Of course it does. I want it to."

Gulf stared at him. "What?"

"You belong to me," Mew said boldly. "I won't let people damage my property."

Obviously, there were many things Gulf wanted to say about that. But since Mew didn't ask him about his time with Bright, he didn't pursue it. They were just bold words born of his pity for Gulf. His heart warmed.

No matter how harsh the words, Mew's large hand caressed Gulf's cheek affectionately, careful to avoid his injuries. The tenderness that carried all the way to the tips of his fingers soothed Gulf's spirit and told him of Mew's pain.

"I'm sorry."

"An apology's not good enough."

Even as he said these harsh words, Mew's arms enfolded Gulf with incredible kindness. He felt himself turning to mush.

"He didn't hurt you anywhere I haven't touched yet, did he?"

Gulf's forehead was pressed against his shoulders, transmitting a faint tremble to Mew's body.

Gulf keenly felt the anxiety of this man who was both stronger and kinder than anyone else he knew. He was the one responsible for causing Mew such worry. He realized again just how much distress he had cause him.

"I couldn't reach you by phone. I though you were dead."

"I'm sorry."

No matter how often he apologized, it would never be enough.

Gulf squeezed Mew, who squeezed him tightly, appreciating his warmth. He felt Mew's heartbeat through their chests. Just liked during sex, their two heartbeats overlapped. Knowing he was not alone gave Gulf inordinate strength. At the same time, he reaffirmed his desire to protect this person, who cared about him more than any other.