Griefing

TW: angsty, death (not of Y/N or Dipper or anyone on Gravity Falls)
A/N: This isn't meant to be content, but for therapeutic reasons. You can read if you wish. I'm not even proofreading it.

Dipper and Y/N's Age: 15

Y/N's POV:

I dry off my dripping wet face and turn off the faucet, looking down at my dirty bathroom floor. I look back up at myself in disgust, feeling my eye-bags and oily hair, staring at my bloodshot eyes, and caressing my tear-stained cheeks and neck. 

I feel my lip quiver as I think about them. They were so close to me, and now, I'm only looking at a sad lonely girl with no one beside her. I punch myself in the forehead in the same spot as I have for the past few days, then I walk back to my room. I look to my desk and looking at the day-old soup that my stepbrother made me, but I leave it untouched and flop on my bed.

I continue my staring contest with one of the little tac holes in my wall, which I have been doing since I heard the news.

FLASHBACK

I laugh with Dipper and Mabel in their room, playing with one of the stuffed animals that were left on the floor. I smile while we are all reliving the events of our past mystery hunts.

*SLAM*

We hear the door slam from downstairs and Mabel stops with her story, looking in that direction, and Dipper and I do the same. Mabel shrugs it off though and continues with her story, and we continue listening.

*BANG*

We all snap our heads towards the door to see Gruncle Stan and my stepbrother, Jason, in distress. His eyes are widened and his hands are shaky as he slams the door open, "Y/N!"

He runs up to me and just falls on his knees to get on my level, and I see that he has been crying. Jason is a tough man, and he doesn't cry over anything. He takes a few breaths, resting his forehead on my knees, silently sobbing. "J-Jason! What's wrong?!", I ask.

I look at Gruncke Stan and he signals Mabel and Dipper to leave us privacy. Mabel and Dipper look at me worried as they leave. I look back at Jason and he looks up at me, "Cherry got into an r-really big accident!"

Cherry, my sister. She is my only sister and Jason's stepsister along with me. 

"W-WHAT?! I-Is she okay?! Wh-Where is she?!", I yell, feeling my heartbeat rise to my throat.

He starts wiping his tears away and he grabs my hand, "No, Y/N. You don't understand the words coming out of my mouth.", he sighs. He takes a deep breath, leaving me speechless, "She got in a bad accident. She passed away."

FLACKBACK ENDS

My sister. The only true friend I had before Dipper and Mabel. She was not only my younger sister, but she was like my best friend. She was always so much more mature than me, even with the 3 year age difference. She would help me through anything, and I would do the same. We would fight or whatever, but we always made up. Always. Because we could never see each other without the other.

I feel my cheeks, and they are soaked wet with tears again, and so is my pillow. I sigh and turn away from the wall and stare at the photo of our whole family. My stepbrother, my sister, and I. We all held through the darkest times, when my stepdad threw us out, to when my mom got arrested. We always stuck togeth-

*KNOCK KNOCK*

I stay silent and wipe the tears away from my face. "Jason, I'm not hungry.", I scoff.

"Really? That's a shame.", a different voice rings out. The door slowly swings open and I see Dipper with a bag full of junk food, "I even brought your favorites.", he teases while shaking the bag. I weakly smile and signal for him to come in, and he takes a seat next to me. 

I grab my favorite candy out of the bag and start unwrapping its contents, "You know me too well, Dipper.", I fake smile.

He gives me a concerned look, "Yeah. And I can tell you aren't doing well with whatever happened on Tuesday...", he says with a soft tone. "It's been 11 days, and I was really worried. Like, Grunckle Stan has been telling me to give you your space and stuff, but-"

I let a hic escape from my mouth, and Dipper stops immediately and watches my eyes fill with tears. 

I try to hold it in, and I look away from him, "I-It's been really hard..."

Dipper tilts his head and his face turns sorrowful. He holds my hand, "Y/N, let it out. Don't hold in those feelings."

And I do.

*A/N: I feel I should say this. I didn't really make this for content, but for my own therapeutic reasons. No, my sister nor did anyone in my family die. But, I have really bad issues with telling people what's wrong, and I've developed multiple different mental issues from it. I can't express this enough, that it's okay to feel negative emotions and it's okay to show it! You are human because of those emotions, and holding them back is very very unhealthy... You are never alone, and you aren't weak because of your emotions. Emotions make you stronger. Emotions make people think that you have passionate thoughts towards something or someone, and I respect you for that. No matter what gender you are, no matter what situation, I cant stress this enough!*