Pollen Allergies

A/N: I have severe pollen allergies, so this was a cool story for me to write. Every fact in this chapter relates to me lol, so yeah, enjoy!

Y/N and Dipper's Age: 12

~Y/N's POV~

"M-Mabel, w-watch ou-ou-ou", I try to spit out.

ACHOO!

I blow my nose and throw the tissue in the trashcan next to me. Mabel comes out of hiding from a booger explosion and comes to hug me again. 

"Why are your allergies so bad now?!", Mabel asks with a sorrowful tone.

"I-I forgot to refill my medicine, so-so-"

ACHOO!

I yell in anger. The one day I don't take my medicine, my allergies come to nip me in the butt. I have terrible allergies, pollen allergies to be exact. I'm allergic to every type of flower pollen, every type of tree pollen, and most grass pollen. So yeah, living in the middle of nature isn't the best for me.

The worse thing is, that Dipper wanted to go on a monster hunt with Mabel and me today, and I want to spend a lot of time with him before he leaves for the summer. But seeing that I can't even open my eyes because of the swelling, I probably shouldn't even dare go.

"Here, Y/N! Let me get you something to eat!", Mabel rushes out of the room to fetch me something. She gives me something cubed and magenta (I can't see because of the swelling and tears), but I'm starving, so I eat it. "Geez, Y/N, I didn't know you liked watermelon so much!"

I spit the rest of the watermelon back in my hands, "MABEL! WHAT?!"

"Well I haven't seen you eat watermelon, so I didn't know if you liked it-"

"MABEL, I CAN'T EAT WATERMELON!"

I can't eat a list of fruits and vegetables during the spring and summer seasons of where they are grown, because of my OAS (oral allergy syndrome), the structure of the fruit is very similar to pollen. It's like if someone allergic to peanuts ate peanut butter. If I eat something like watermelon, I could get an anaphylactic shock, and die!

"MABEL, DO YOU HAVE A EPI-PEN?!", I yell, already feeling my throat get tingly.

"Uhmm, what's that?", Mabel asks.

I yell, getting up immediately to get a glass of water with a lot of sugar, but my swallow comes back up and I spit it all out, my throat is already about to close! I tell Mabel to call my mom, and she does so. Just then, Dipper and Stan come into the room to two screaming girls, and that's when I start feeling my breathing is getting harder.

"Woah, where's the fire?", Stan laughs.

Mabel hangs up with my mom who never answered, "Y/N CAN'T BREATHE, WHERE'S AN EPI-PEN?!", she yells.

Dipper starts to run upstairs and out of my sight. What a flattering look this must make me look like. My breathing suddenly stops and I point to my throat, signaling that I can't breathe. Mabel starts screaming and Dipper comes rushing from upstairs.

"Mabel, close your eyes!", Dipper yells. He stabs me with something, which allows me to breathe again almost instantly. I gasp for air, and my swelling starts to fade, my watery eyes start to become sobs and Stan comforts my shaken body.

"D-Dipper, thank you s-so much!", I sob, giving him a huge hug.

"W-Well, i-it's n-nothing Y/N", he stutters, probably still shaken up too. I unlink my arms around him and realize he's...blushing? "I-I have a bad fish allergy, so I-I always have it just in case..."

"Dipper, you just s-saved my life! I was gonna d-die!", I exclaim.

I hug him again and he hugs back, and we stay there for a long long time.

A/N: Yep, I'm scheduled to get an Epi-Pen this coming summer, because of my OAS. It's kinda crazy tho, how you can't eat certain fruits or veggies during those months. Message me if you want more info about it and I'll be happy to show you.