Hold On

Kelly and the rest of squad are playing a round of poker waiting for the first call to come in.

"Capp why do you bet so much? You lose literally every hand."  Severide tosses his bet into the pile.

"Because one day I will win." Capp is all smiles as he throws his bet in.

Truck 81 Squad 3 Engine 51 Ambulance 61 Battalion 25 Explosion Chicago Med

All the crews jump and sprint to the trucks. "Cruz floor it."

"You got it lieutenant." Cruz does as Severide orders and floors it to med. Kelly sends a text to Lily trying to see where she is.

Kelly's leg is bouncing up and down trying to control his nerves. He's brought out of his thoughts when Casey's voice comes over the radio.

"Severide I can't reach Gabby."

Kelly has a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach. He looks at his phone and nothing from Lily. "I can't reach Lily either."

The men and women of firehouse 51 fall silent in their trucks as they speed towards med.

***

Lily blinks her eyes open and goes to try and move but feels excruciating pain through out her body. The pain causes her to scream out.  She looks down and she his a piece of rebar going through her left thigh and another one going from her left lower back and out her front.

"Son of a bitch." Lily begins to try and feel around for her phone. She finds it in her coat pocket and pulls it out. Much to her relief the screen turns on. It did have a few cracks but was still functional.

Lily knows she can't text due to the way she was laying and the blood loss. She finds Kelly's name and clicks the call button.

It rings twice before she hears Kelly's voice on the other line. "Lily? Where are you?"

"Kelly listen. I need you to find Victoria." Her breathing was starting to become labored.

"Lily what's wrong?" Kelly was standing with squad and truck with Lily on speaker phone.

"Nothing. I'm fine Kelly." Lily was lying because she would never forgive herself if Kelly didn't look for Victoria first and something happened to her. "Just find Victoria."

"I will. Now where are you? I can send Cruz and Tony to look for you."

"I love you Kelly Severide." Lily could feel her eyes becoming heavy.

"Lily do not do that. Do not say goodbye. You hold on! We will find you!" Kelly had tears streaming down his face. He wasn't ready to lose Lily. He wasn't ready to raise Victoria without her mom. He barely made it through when Shay died.

A beeping sound came from Kelly's phone signaling the call had been dropped. Kelly tried to call her back but it went straight to voicemail. "Capp. Tony. Cruz. Try to get to the 4th floor and find the daycare."

"Where are you going lieutenant?"

"To find Lily." Kelly heads inside too see if he can find Lily.

"Hermann follow him."

"You got it lieutenant." Hermann jogs after Severide to follow him and make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.

***

Lily here's a beeping sound and noticed her phone dropped the call and that she had no service. "Great." The concrete must of shifted, blocking any signal she had.

Lily is trying to force herself to stay away but it is becoming increasingly harder with every passing moment. Kelly and Victoria's faces flash before her eyes. Lily starts to cry at the thought of never seeing them again. She was positive she wasn't getting out of here alive.

Lily was almost passed out when she heard the sound of concrete being moved.

Great. The building is too unstable.

"Lily Flower?" It was Connor. He approached his sister and crouched down next to her.

"Connor?" Lily looked up at her brother. He had a small gash on his forehead and was covered in concrete dust and debris but all in all he looked okay.

Connor noticed Lily's injuries and began to look them over. The rebar was stuck in some concrete so there was no just carrying her out. "I'm going to get you out of here Lil."

"Connor make sure you help Kelly raise Victoria. She needs her uncle. And he is going to need all the help he can get."

"Hey don't do that. You are getting out of here alive. You are going to be there to raise Victoria with Kelly." Connor began looking around to see if he could get the bleeding to stop. Connor spotted an overturned medical cart. "I'll be right back."

Connor jumped up and ran over to the cart to see what he could find. The explosion had caused the cart to break open spilling its contents all over the ground.  Connor grabs the gauze he found, medical tape and a couple blankets.

Connor came back with the supplies and sat down next to Lily. "Sis this may hurt but I gotta do it." Lily nods her head. Connor does his best to stop the bleeding with the gauze and blankets but blood is still seeping through. Lily is in so much pain she feels like she is going to pass out.

"Lily, I am going to go find help. I need you to hold on. Can you do that?"

Lily nods her head. "I'll do my best." Lily hands Connor her phone. "Take this just in case."

Connor takes his sisters phone. "I'll be right back." Connor places a kiss to Lily's forehead before running off to go find help.

***

Lieutenant Casey is outside the hospital looking around for Gabby while helping victims to the triage area.

"Matt!"

Casey stops what he is doing and turns around to see Kim Burges running his way. "Kim, where's Gabby?"

"After the explosion she ran inside to help. I haven't seen her since."

Matt was relieved to know Gabby wasn't in the explosion but part of him still worried since no one had seen her since. "Thanks Kim. Can you show me where she went in?"

"Sure follow me."

Matt followed Kim to where Gabby had entered Chicago med to see if he could find her. Hoping she was okay.