House Fire

Severide and Jacobs tried to avoid each other as much as possible for the rest of the shift. Even in the locker room Jacobs just grabbed her bag and dashed out. Not even bothering to change.

Shay watched as Jacobs ran out the door not even bothering to change.  Shay looked at her best friend. "Take it you two are avoiding each other?"

"You could say that." Severide was at his locker getting changed.

"I swear Severide if you scared this one away too I'm going to kill you." Shay slammed her locker shut.

"Shay it was an accident!" Severide yelled out as his best friend was leaving the locker room. How did this happen? Severide never did anything but focus on the call when they were out but this time his emotions got him.

Next Shift

Jacobs had drove herself in that day. She hasn't mentioned anything to John about what happened with the Severide on the last shift.

I mean after all it didn't mean anything right? Just happened in the moment. Jacobs made her way up the driveway and into the firehouse.

Jacobs had just entered the firehouse when Ambulance 61 gets a call. "Oh it's gonna be one of these days?" She dropped her bag in a nearby chair and headed out to the call with Shay.

The call was rather simple and easy. They got the lady to the hospital and we're headed back to the firehouse.

"So uh how long you and John been together?"

"Off and on since we were teenagers."

"Oh so are you guys like high school sweethearts?" Shay usually never pried this much into Jacob's personal life. But maybe this was Shay's way of opening up to her.

"Yeah I guess you could say that."

"Think you guys will get married?"

"I don't know maybe." Jacobs was staring out the passenger window watching Chicago pass them by.

"Do you want to marry him?"

Jacob's had turned her head towards Shay with her eyebrows raised. "Elizabeth Shay do you know something that I don't know?"

"No. No absolutely not. I was just asking." Shay continued driving back to 51.

Shay was just pulling into 51 when another call rang out.

Truck 81 Squad 3 Engine 51 Ambulance 61 house fire.

Both girls sigh but then headed to the house fire. Shay and Jacob's were standing watching truck and squad make their way through the house. Waiting to see if they had any victims.

Severide's voice came over the radio "Shay?"

"What is it Severide?"

"I need you and Jacobs at the back of the house."

"Copy that."

Jacob's grabs the jump bag and follows Shay around to the back of the house. Severide and Capp were standing near a small window.

"Whatcha need Severide?"

"I need one of you to go in there. We heard a child in the basement but we can't get in through the house." Severide was looking from Shay to Jacob's waiting to see who would go in.

Shay glanced at Jacob's. "Not sure if I like being small anymore." She handed the jump bag to Shay and then went over to the window.

"Stay low. If you don't find the kid within 5 minutes get out." Jacobs nodded signaling that she understood what Kelly was saying.