I'm Not Going Out

Lily had started spending a lot of time at Shay and Kelly's place after she opened up to them. They were all becoming the best of friends. Even at the firehouse if you were looking for one of them you could find them all together.

Lily and Kelly never discussed the moments they had shared together at work. Lily knew she had John but part of her did question why she had started to develop feelings for Kelly or why she felt so drawn to him.

Lily was sitting on the couch in the apartment she shared with John. Shay and Kelly were blowing up their group chat trying to see if Lily was going to go to the bar with them. She wanted too but John had asked her to stay home.

Lily: Sorry not tonight guys John wants to hang out and watch movies.

Shay: Boooooo.

Kelly: Bring John with. We haven't met him yet.

Lily wanted too but anytime she asked John to go with her, he declined so she would end up going without him.

Lily put her phone down. "Hey John when are you going to meet my firehouse family?"

John was scrolling through the streaming services trying to find something to watch. "I don't know why?"

"I've been working there almost 2 months and you have yet to meet any of them. I really want you to meet Shay and Kelly."

"What's happened to the Lily who always wanted to stay home and watch movies. You use to hate going out. Now you got out almost every night." John hadn't stopped looking at the TV.

Lily knew had to say something before things started to get worse. "John I'm afraid you are slipping back into your depression. You have been becoming more and more recluse." Lily took a deep breath before asking her next question. "Can we please go see Dr. Charles? He can help you."

John stopped what he was doing and finally looked over at Lily. "Oh so he can convince you too leave me again. Not a chance."

"That's not how that went at all. I needed sometime to find me and I did. Please John?" Lily was begging him. She so desperately wanted him to get the help he needed.

"I said no Lily."

"John please."

John got up from his seat on the couch and angrily through the remote at the tv. The screen broke. "I don't need help Lily. Just got out with your friends it's what you want to do anyways."

"John?!"

"Just leave Lily! Go do whatever the hell you want." John went to their bedroom and slammed the door shut. Lily could hear the sound of the lock being engaged.

Great. Lily grabbed her phone, coat, and car keys. She then walked to their bedroom and door and knocked. There was no sound of movement. So she tried the doorknob and like she thought it was locked.

"John please unlock the door. I am really worried about you."

"Just leave Lily!! I don't need your help! I am fine!"

Lily sighed she knew there was no getting through to him when he was like this. She decided it was best if she gave him some space. He usually would calm down eventually.

So she left their apartment and headed for Shay and Kelly's. She didn't bother to text or call. Their door was always open to her. Hell they had even given her a key.

When Lily arrived at Shay and Kelly's place she noticed Kelly's car was still there. Maybe they hadn't left to go out yet. Lily parked her car and then hurried up to their apartment.