Chicago Med

Chief Boden gets the phone call from dispatch that the girls were shot causing him to jump up from his seat to head out into the firehouse. He walks into the common room where everyone was trying to get something to eat.

Casey sees the chief first and can tell something is wrong. "Chief everything okay?"

Chief Boden puts his hands on his hips and bites his bottom lip. The news he is about to share is going to send this house into a frenzy. "I just got off the phone with dispatch." Everyone had stopped what they were doing to listen. "Shay and Jacob's were called into a trap. Both of them have suffered multiple gun shoot wounds and are on their way to Chicago med."

The coffee cup Severide had been holding fell from his hands and shattered when it hit the floor, coffee going everywhere. "Squad load up!" Kelly went to head for the rig but was stopped by Chief Boden.

"You and me will go to med. Everyone else stay here. Calls are going to keep flooding in. We will keep everyone updated."

Kelly nodded and looked at his crew. "Capp your acting lieutenant till I get back."

"Don't worry Lieutenant I'll hold the fort down."

Kelly and Chief Boden head out to Boden's SUV and speed off towards med. Kelly was sitting in the passenger seat trying not to cry. How could this of happened? All he could do was hope both girls were okay.

When they arrive at med, Chief and Kelly run into the waiting room. The lady at the reception desk looks at both men. "Can I help you gentleman?"

"Yes I'm Chief Boden. Our paramedics were shot and brought into your ER."

Kelly was gripping tight onto his radio that was around his shoulder. That's when the doors to the ER came open and Connor stepped out. Kelly wasted no time walking over to him.

"Connor!"

Connor turned in the direction of the voice calling his name. "Kelly."

"How are they? Are they okay? Please say they are okay." The words Kelly was speaking was breaking his heart. He could no longer hold his tears back.

"They are both in surgery. They are trying to remove the bullets." Connor took a deep breath. It was killing him that he wasn't in the OR with Lily but Ms. Goodwin told him he couldn't be due to conflict of interest.

By now Chief Boden had made his way over to Connor and Kelly. "What are there chances of making it out of surgery?"

Connor looked down at his feet, he didn't want to believe what he was about to say. "We don't know." Connor choked back a sob. "They both lost a lot of blood. All we can do is hope right now."

Kelly took a seat in the closest chair next to them. He put his head in his hands and cried. He wasn't ready to lose his best friends or lose the girl he loved.

Boden took a seat next to Kelly and placed a comforting hand on Kelly's back. "Positive thoughts Kelly. Both of those girls are stubborn and strong. They are not going down without a fight." Boden was fighting back his own tears.

Connor sat down on the other side of Kelly. "My sister is not going to leave you Kelly. She loves you too much to leave this world."

Kelly began to sob. He need his girls to be okay. They are the most important thing in his life. Connor wrapped an arm around Kelly and tried to comfort him the best he could.

"Chief!"

Boden looked up to see Hank Voight walking their way. "Voight?" Boden was curious as to why Voight would be at the hospital after all he was in the gang unit. This couldn't of been a gang hit could it?

Hank stopped just in front of Chief Boden. "How are they doing?"

"They are both in surgery. They lost a lot of blood. They don't know what their chances are."

Voight stood there in front of the group no emotion showing on his face. "We have a good idea of who did it. And I am taking care of it personally."

All three men looked at Hank. Kelly was the first to speak. "Who?"

"The less you know the better. I'll stop by again later to check up on the girls." With that Hank walked away before any of them could ask any more questions.

"What do you think he meant Chief?"

"It's Hank Voight. No one knows exactly what he means. I'm betting this case will never see a trial."

Kelly nodded and then put his head back in his hands. Praying both girls would make it out alive.