What's Left of Me?

It had been a little over two weeks since John had committed suicide. Lily hadn't left her room. Not even for the funeral. Kelly and Shay had started covering for Lily since she was suppose to of returned to work after a week.

Kelly and Shay were walking up the driveway to the firehouse. They had tried to get Lily to come to work but she refused yet again. As they got closer they noticed Chief Boden was standing by the garage doors. Shay and Kelly both exchanged a look. They knew they wouldn't be able to cover for her much longer.

"Severide. Shay. Where is Jacob's?" Chief Boden had his arms crossed over his chest.

"Still sick chief." Kelly and Shay were hoping he would believe them but they knew eventually he wouldn't.

"Why don't we take a ride to your place." Both Kelly and Shay nodded. "Perfect get in my SUV." Chief turned around to head for battalion 25. "Casey. Severide and Shay are going with me to run an errand. We will have our radios on."

"Copy that Chief."

Chief Boden got into the drivers seat, Kelly was in the passenger seat, and shay was in the back. The drive over to their apartment was a very quiet one and it felt as thought everyone was tense.

When they arrived Chief parked the car and everyone got out. That's when Kelly and Shay noticed someone else getting out of a car and walking over to them.

"Hello Chief Boden."

"Hello Dr. Charles. Glad you could join us."

"More than happy too."

Chief Boden turned back to Kelly and Shay. "Lead the way."

Severide unlocked the door and everyone entered. It was quiet and nothing appeared to have been disturbed, meaning Lily was still in bed.

Once the door was closed. Dr. Charles turned to Shay. "Where is her room?"

"Upstairs. 3rd door on the right."

Dr. Charles nodded and went upstairs.

"Would you like some coffee Chief?" Shay was trying to make things more relaxed and not so awkward.

"That would be wonderful."

Shay went and started making a pot of coffee. Chief and Severide took a seat in the living room.

***

Dr. Charles knocked on the 3rd door on the right as Shay had instructed him. There was no answer. Dr. Charles knocked again.

"I'm not going to work guys. I don't feel good." Lily's voice was horse from all the crying she had been doing over the past couple weeks. She kept blaming herself even thought everyone said it wasn't her fault.

"Lily? It's Dr. Charles can I come in?" Dr. Charles waited a moment. He could hear feet shuffling. Then the sound of the door being pulled slightly open.

"Is it just you?"

"Shay, Severide, and Boden are downstairs but it's just me up here with you." Lily nodded her head and then opened the door further. She stepped aside to allow Dr. Charles to enter. "Thank you Lily."

Once Dr. Charles was in the room Lily closed the door and went and sat down on her bed. Her eyes were all red and puffy, her skin was pale, and her face also appeared to be sinking in due to her not eating.

"How are you doing Lily?" Dr. Charles took a seat on a chair that was in the room.

"Troubled."