Dolan Rhodes Department Store

*6 months later*

Kelly and Lily's relationship is blossoming more and more everyday. They are always together even at work. They never really spend a moment apart unless out on calls.

The rest of the house had figured it and so they had to tell Bodon. Who basically said keep it professional at work. There was no issue since Kelly wasn't her commanding officer.

Lily has also been reconnecting with Connor and they would all spend time together. Lily was happy to have her brother back. She had been successful in avoiding Cornelius. Connor hadn't even told their other sister Claire that he found Lily.

Claire would be so happy to see Lily but, Claire was working with their father and they were afraid she might slip up and say something to dad. So they kept Lily a secret.

Lily is laying in Kelly's bunk on her stomach and doodling on a peace of paper, while Kelly writes his report for the last call. The two of them only look up when there's a knock at Kelly's door. It's Shay.

Kelly motions for her to come in. "Hey guys."

"Hey Shay what's up?" Both Kelly and Lily put down their pens.

"Just coming to check on my two absolute best friends." Shay was grinning.

"Oh no. Kelly she has that smile. We done did something."

Kelly chuckled. "What is it Shay?"

"So would now be a good time to tell you guys that shifts got moved around and we are working July 4th?"

Kelly immediately groans. The one day of the year he doesn't want to work due to all the stupid people. Lily of course hasn't worked a July 4th yet so she had no idea why it's a bad thing.

"Is that bad?" Lily looks between her boyfriend and her best friend.

"Prepare not to get an ounce of sleep that shift. We will be going to call after call after call."

Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61 trapped person. 431 S. Wabash Avenue

The three of them run out of Kelly's office and head for their respective vehicles. They jump in and head towards the address. Shay pulls along side the side walk right in front of the building.

Lily gets out of the Ambo and looks up at the sign Dolan Rhodes Department Store. "Son of a bitch." Lily never really paid any attention to the addresses that come over the PA but this time she wishes she had.

Squad and Truck soon arrive. Kelly notices Lily looking up at the sign. He looks up and reads. "Fuck." Kelly walks over to Lily. "We can call another ambulance."

Before Lily can respond a bystander comes running yelling that a person is going to bleed out. Lily tries to brush off where they were and head inside.

Maybe dear old dad wouldn't be in today. But that would be too lucky right? Lily and Shay walk in and follow the bystander. They lead the group over to the escalator where a women's hair appeared to be trapped.

Lily gets closer to the victim and is able to start making out facial features. "Claire?" Lily bends down next to her.

Claire stares at her for second. Searching her face and trying to figure out where they knew each other from. Squad and truck were looking at how to get her head unstuck. Shay was dressing the wound.

"Lil... Lily?" Claire raises a hand to touch Lily's face realizing she is real and not her imagination.

"Hey sis." A couple of the guys overheard the conversation but didn't say anything. Claire starts crying. "Hey shhh it's okay. We are going to get you out." Lily looks up at Kelly to see how far they were from freeing her.

"We are going to need to just cut her hair. There's no other way." Lily nods.

She turns her attention back to her sister. "Claire we need to cut your hair. It's the only way to free you. I know how much you love your hair but I'm sure Alison can work her magic. Okay?"

Claire nods her head. Lily looks up and Kelly and tells him to go ahead. They cut ever strand of hair that was stuck in the escalator. They get her loaded on the backboard and onto the stretcher.

They head outside with Claire. Once they get her loaded up. Lily looks at Kelly. "Call Connor."

"I will." Kelly closed the ambulance doors and gives Shay the go ahead. Kelly jumps back into squads rig and grabs his phone calls Conner.

"Kelly can I call you back?"

"Connor it's your sister."

"Lily."

"No Claire. Lily is on the way to med with her. She had an accident at work. "

"Thanks Kelly. I'll go meet them."

The gentleman hang up the phone and the rest of squad gets in. "We didn't know Lily is a Rhodes."

"WAS." Kelly emphasized. The rest of truck goes quiet. "Go to med."

"You got it Boss." Tony starts the rig up and heads to med.

***

Shay pulls into the ED. Connor is already standing outside waiting for them. He opens the back door to see his two sisters. "Claire you okay?"

"No Connor she's not okay. Her hair got stuck in the stupid escalator at the store. It tore part of her scalp away." Lily and Connor get Claire out of the ambulance.

Claire could sense Connor knew where Lily had been but she was into much pain at the moment to care. They get her into a Trauma room and Connor takes over.

"Claire I'm going to go call Allison for you and get an appointment."

"Thank you Lily."

"Connor how far out you think. I'd say four weeks. It's going to need to heal before she can get anything done."

Lily nods and heads outside. Squad and Truck had just pulled up and were getting out their rigs. Kelly walks over to Lily and hugs her. He knew this was hard. This was not how she wanted Claire to find out about her.

Lily and Kelly break from their hug and the rest of the crew is just staring at her. Before they can ask a question Lily pulls out her phone and calls Alison.

"This is Alison."

"Hey Alison.. uh this is Lily." She could tell by the silence she didn't remember her. "Lily Rhodes."

"OMG shut up. This can't be the little girl who use to run around my shop while Your mom and sister got their hair done."

"Yeah it's me."

"Girl you need to come by. I need to see how much you have grown up."

"Maybe say in four weeks? Claire had an accident and she is going to need some blond hair extensions."

Lily could hear Allison flipping through her calendar. "July 8th 10am?"

"Perfect. Put Claire down."

"You got it girl."

"Thanks Allison." Lily hangs up the phone. Everyone is still staring at her and she begins to feel uncomfortable. Thankfully they got another call. Lily could avoid the pressing questions for a little while longer.