New Girl

Lily Jacobs had just finished everything that she needed to do in order to become a paramedic. She always loved to help people and this would allow her to be there right when a persons could be experiencing the worst day of their life.

She parked her car along side the curb. She had received her first assignment and it was to be working under Leslie Shay PIC at 51. Lily grabbed her duffel bag out of the backseat and closed the door. A gust of fall wind passed her by causing her to wrap her coat more tightly around her small body.

"Here goes nothing." Lily started to make her way up the driveway. As she got closer she could see the fire trucks and the ambulance sitting on the apparatus floor. She couldn't believe she had finally done it. She was about to start her first shift as a paramedic.

Lily made her way onto the apparatus floor. There were 4 guys sitting at a table. As she walked further in they began to notice her.

"Can we help you?"

"Yes." Lily approached the gentleman sitting at the table. "I'm looking for Leslie Shay?"

"Ah yes. Shay mentioned something this morning about a new paramedic. I'm lieutenant Kelly Severide." Lily shook his hand. That's when she noticed he had the most amazing blue eyes. A girl could get lost in them if they looked to long. "That there is Capp, Tony, and Vargas."

"Nice to meat all of you. I'm Lily Jacobs."

"Come on. I'll take you to Shay." Lieutenant Severide got out of his chair and escorted Lily inside.

"Think Severide will get this ones number?"

"Doesn't he always Vargas?"

"Well if he doesn't I will." Tony and Capp both roll their eyes and go back to reading the paper.

Severide leads Lily towards the bunks. "So Jacobs you from Chicago?"

"Born and raised."

"Yeah me too." Lieutenant Severide flashed her a smile.

Lily was trying not to blush but he was ever so charming and hot. Severide led her into the the bunk room. There was a blond haired women sitting on one of the bunks reading.

"Shay I found your new partner." Severide and Lily stopped just in front of the bunk Shay was sitting on.

"I'm Lily Jacobs." Lily stuck out her hand.

"Leslie Shay." The girls shook hands. Shay was eyeing the new paramedic up and down. Taking in her small frame and dark brown almost black hair.

"Well I'll leave you in Shays capable hands."

"Thanks Lieutenant Severide."

Severide made his way out of the bunk room leaving Shay and Jacobs alone. "Come on I'll show you your locker."

Jacobs followed Shay to the locker room. There were a few other guys in there getting ready for shift.

"Hey Guys this is Jacobs my new partner on 61. Jacobs this is Cruz, Otis, Darden, Hermann, Mouch, and Lieutenant Casey."

Everyone said hello and shook hands.

Ambulance 61 person in distress. 130 Michigan st.

"That's us Jacobs let's go!" Jacobs followed Shay out to the ambulance to go on her first call.

Squad 3 watched as the girls left the firehouse. Vargas then decided it was time to ask the lieutenant.

"So Severide get her number yet?"

"No Vargas I did not." Severide didn't even look up from his paper to respond.