Stay

Kelly took Connors warning and headed back to the bedroom. He knocks softly on the door before entering. Lily had changed clothes and stuffed the few items she had out into her bag.

"Lily?"

She didn't stop moving. She kept looking for items that she never unpacked.

"Lily?"

She was still moving around.

Kelly went over and grabbed her by her shoulders making her stop to look at him. "Lily?" When she stopped Kelly noticed she was visibly shaking and was about to start crying. "What's wrong baby girl?"

Lily looked into Kelly's eyes and felt even more sadness wash over her. "I need to head back to Italy."

"Says who?"

"My head." Lily looked down at the ground not wanting to meet Kelly's eyes anymore.

"Hey look at me." Kelly used his fingers to lift her chin up to look at him. Kelly moved his hand up towards her face to wipe away her tears. "What does your heart say?"

Lily choked back a sob. "To stay."

"Then stay. What ever it is we will figure it out. I'm here for you just talk to me." Kelly's eyes were begging Lily's to tell him what was going on.

Lily felt her guard drop as she fell into Kelly's arms crying. Kelly wrapped her tightly in a hug allowing her tears to stain his shirt. "I promise you Lily whatever you think is so terrible won't be. Just talk to me."

Lily began to nod her head into Kelly's chest. "Come sit down." Lily pulls Kelly towards the bed. They both sat on the edge of the bed and turned towards each other.

"Start from the beginning." Kelly placed a comforting hand on her knee.

"When I got to Italy I instantly wanted to come home. But I knew the damage of me leaving was already done. If only I knew how wrong I was in that moment." Lily choked back a sob as she began to fiddle with he hands.

"3 weeks after I leave I started to not fell good. But I pushed through because I was starting my new job as a paramedic in Italy. My 5th week in Italy I am really struggling at work. Constantly sick or dizzy. Well my now roommate and best friend took notice and help me realize what it might be. So..." Lily looks up trying to blink her tears away. "I took a test... a pregnancy test... and there it was on that little stick, the word Pregnant. I went into instant panic mode. Thinking of you. Trying to decide how I wanted to handle this." Lily looked down at Kelly's hand on her knee.

"Why didn't you come home?" Kelly was reserving all judgment till he got the whole story.

"I called Connor and Claire, they both told me that Shay and you already hated me. After 5 weeks of no contact with either of you, I felt like if I showed back up pregnant that you may of just slammed the door in my face... or you would think I only came back because I was pregnant."

"Lil?" Kelly was waiting to see if she had anything else she wanted to say.

Lily looked up to the man that took her breath away the very first day they met. "So I stayed in Italy. I moved in with Marisol and she helped me raise Victoria. After having Victoria I became hooked to pain medication. When Claire came to visit me she could tell I was out of it. Victoria was maybe 6 months old so Connor and Claire got me into rehab and raised Victoria while I got clean."

"Are you clean now?"

Lily nodded her head. "I got clean when Connor and Claire came to visit. But I relapsed a few weeks after they left. When Marisol couldn't get me clean she called Connor and Claire. Claire came
right back to Italy and help me get clean again. Claire had been staying in Italy off and on since so left."

"Is Victoria safe and okay?"

"Absolutely. Marisol, Connor, and Claire made sure of that." Lily was feeling the guilt creep in. What if something had happened to Victoria because she was high?

Kelly smiled at Lily. "Than that's all that matters. Your clean and she is safe."

Lily's lip began to quiver as her heart burst at how caring and loving Kelly was being. "I'm so sorry Kelly." Lily fell towards him as she could no longer contain her tears.

Kelly immediately wraps his arms around and holds onto her tight. "Everything is going to be alright." Kelly began to stroke her hair as Lily cried into his chest. "I am bringing Victoria and you home."

Later that afternoon Lily and Kelly were on a plane to Italy. They would need to get Lily and Victoria's stuff all packed, Lily would need to officially resign and figure out how to move her studies to the states.

But first Kelly gets to meet his daughter.