37. A New Problem

*3 weeks later*
Elizabeth... It's here. Can you feel it? Ellie...
I wake up startled and sweating, my heart beating a million times faster than it should be. Looking around I see it's still late or very early in the morning, everyone is asleep. I quietly hop out of bed then make my way downstairs. The common room is empty. Looking out of the window I see nothing but darkness. It's May and I've been having these weird dreams since mid April, a day after I defeated James in our duel in class.
"I think I'm starting to have a sixth sense about when you've had another dream," Daniel says quietly as he comes to sit next to me in the window.
"Why is it only a voice? A voice and darkness," I say looking over at him.
"No idea, babe." He pulls me over to him so I can lay my head on his chest. "Have you told your parents or anyone but me?"
"No. I know you want me to but I just don't see what they could do other then worry," I tell him. "What's this from?" I ask examining a new cut on his forearm.
"Quidditch. A certain keeper got very hands on with me last game," he says annoyed.
"James did that?"
"You should see what I did to him. Cost us a penalty but it felt good to kick him around a bit."
"You two are going to kill each other up there."
"As long as he's first," he says stubbornly. "You know he told that girl I saw last month that I have some kind of disease she'd catch if she kept hooking up with me?"
"What a shame," I say sarcastically. It does bother me now to know he's with other girls when he's been so intimate and romantic with me.
"Or maybe you told her that?"
I grin and look up at him. "I wouldn't ruin your reputation like that."
"You could ruin me any way you want," he says looking into my eyes. "Do you want to go back to bed?"
"Yeah. Hopefully I can actually get some sleep," I tell him.
"Goodnight, beautiful."
"Goodnight, handsome." We give each other a quick kiss then I'm off to bed.

My eyes are growing heavy in Potions. I feel a nudge from Daniel and yawn quietly.
"Did you get back to sleep last night?"
"Hardly. I was up and down all night. What are we making again?"
"Sleeping Draught, ironically enough," Daniel says with a smile.
"Right. Where's the Flobberworm Mucus?"
"Ellie, you've already put it in."
"Right, sorry. Valerian springs, please." I watch him put the last ingredients into the potion as it turns to a perfect dark purple. "Good job, you've gotten so good at this."
"Thanks to you."
"You're ridiculously smart Daniel, you would've gotten it on your own." I lean my elbows on the table then put my head on my hands. "I might skip Divination today and try to sleep."
"You really should. I'm getting really worried and if you don't tell someone about these dreams then I will," he whispers. I shift my eyes to him without moving my head but I'm too tired to argue. Daniel takes out a small vile and scoops just a tiny bit of the sleeping potion then hands it to me. "Take this with you to your dorm and get some sleep."
"Thanks. Fill me in on the lesson today?" He nods then gives me a sweet kiss on the cheek.
I get to the common room which has a few sixth and seventh years scattered about studying. When I walk up to my room I feel so relieved that it's quiet and empty. Sipping the potion Daniel got me, I collapse into bed and hope for no dreams at all since that's what sleeping draught does.

Two hooded figures in the dark...
The Potter kids, they aren't strong enough. I've seen it.
Very good.
The girl though, she'll stand in our way.
Then you'll kill her first. Ellie...
Their hoods have dropped, their faces just balls of light turning towards me. A wand outstretched to me. A green flash.

I jump up for the dream screaming. My hands are shaking, tears streaming down my face. My breathing is rapid.
"Ellie?" Alli throws the door open and runs over to me. "What's wrong? What happened?"
"What time is it?" I look over at her, still shaking.
"It's dinner time. Have you been in bed since Potions? Ellie you're drenched in sweat what happened?"
"I don't know, I don't know," I say while placing my face in my shaking hands. "Something's wrong."
"Let me take you to the infirmary," she says soothingly.
"No I need Albus, we have to go see Albus," I tell her still sweating and shaking.
"Okay, okay. Come on, we'll go find him." Alli helps me stand. "Ellie, maybe a shower first?" I look down at my sweat drenched clothes and agree.