27. Tryouts

It's now October and tryouts for quidditch are starting. With encouragement from James, Scorpius decides to tryout for the Slytherin team again. Albus and I are going to be in the stands for support. On our way to the field I remember that Daniel is on the team which makes me nauseous. He's been behaving well during our tutoring sessions but every now and then I'll catch a lingering stare from him.
"You're going to be great, Scorpius don't be nervous," I tell him.
"Seriously, love, you'll do great," Albus says with his arm around Scorpius's waist.
"Thanks guys. I'll see you afterwards!" He gives us both a kiss on our heads then runs out to the field where some second years and third years are all waiting. I see Daniel pat Scorpius on the back. My teeth clench.
"Let's get up there to watch," I tell Albus. When we sit in the stands I see a very anxious Scorpius hop onto his broom. "What position is he even wanting?"
"Keeper. He's not exactly built like a Beater but he's pretty agile and alert so I had James work with him over the summer. He's gotten really good. Just let's his nerves get to him." Albus leans back, looking around. "So what's the deal with Daniel?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean he's got eyes for you. He makes James nervous."
I sit with that for a minute, taking a deep breath. "James has absolutely nothing to be worried about. I'm very clearly his. I love James. I wouldn't hurt him."
Albus leans forward again, nudging my shoulder. "Here he goes!"
We watch as Daniel flies up with Scorpius. Their captain yells up to Daniel some directions. Daniel gives Scorpius a thumbs up then we watch Daniel smash a ball towards the goals. Scorpius quickly catches it, throwing it back over to someone behind Daniel. Scorpius blocks every single shot thrown at him while Albus and I have to stop ourselves from cheering loudly.
Scorpius and the rest of the guys float down, the captain shaking his hand before dismissing him. Albus and I run down to go see what the captain said.
"Well?" I yell over to him as we're still running.
"I'm in!" He jumps up and down. All three of us yell happily while we jump up and down while hugging.
I wave bye to them and stick around the quidditch field since I told James I'd watch their tryouts as well. On my way back Daniel runs over to me.
"That kid is amazing!"
"In more ways than one. He's the best. You're going to love having him on the team," I tell him. He nods then runs back over to the field to help finish up their tryouts.

When the Gryffindor tryouts begin I wave to James and Conor down on the field. They're both sure to get on the team again but they have to tryout to be fair to everyone. Watching James do what he loves most is so fun for me. Plus it's nice watching him use his muscles.
When they're all done, James motions for me to come down but I shake my head. He rolls his eyes then flies his broom over to me. When I hop on the back and hold onto his torso he flies us both down to the ground outside of the field.
"You're spoiled you know that?" James says when we land.
"So? You enable it. Scorpius made the Slytherin team!"
"That's amazing! I knew he would." James takes my hand then pulls me close to him. "What are you doing later?" He asks me.
"I have to get to the library, it's tutor day."
"Skip it," he whines.
"No this week's lesson was so hard you know that."
"Fine. Can I at least walk you there?"
"Yes please!" I take his arm and let him lead me to the library. When we get there Daniel and Olivia are making out by the door. "Well I wouldn't call that studying," I joke.
They both jump, Olivia's face turning completely red. "I'll see you later!" She smiles at me and James on her way out.
"Sorry to interrupt," James says grinning.
"No worries, mate. Hey, good work with Malloy, he's a top notch keeper."
"Yeah he's good! He had the talent all along, just needed a confidence boost. Well, I'm off. I'll bring you some dinner later, love." James gives me a kiss while I wonder when these two got so friendly. When James walks off I stare after him.
"You ready?" Daniel asks. I turn to him, still confused. "He's a good guy. I feel bad for ever getting into a fight with him. I guess I didn't know him well enough."
"Okay good. Uh. Okay let's go study then." I go to open the library door but Daniel is already holding it open for me. "Thanks," I say before walking in.

That night I have a dream. About two boys who drive me insane. Both have their hands on me, feeling my body and both have their lips on me. Daniel has his hand on my throat and James has both hands on my hips.
I wake up in a sweat, sitting up in the dark while breathing heavily. Everyone else is asleep of course. I jump out of bed and run downstairs, plopping myself onto the couch but something doesn't feel right.
"Not that I want you to get off of me but uh," Daniel's voice says underneath me.
"Oh my god!" I jump up with my face in my hands. "What are you doing out here why aren't you in bed?"
"Why aren't you?" He asks laughing.
"I had a bad dream I needed some air," I say sitting down in the seat next to him.
"I just got in," he tells me, baiting me to ask where he's been so late but based on his activities with Olivia earlier I can figure it out on my own. "You okay? You look really freaked out."
"It was just a bad dream." I bring my knees to my chest, staring into the fire.
"Do you want to talk about it? I can help analyze," he says smirking. It's almost like he knows what it was about.
"No I just want to forget it. Okay, I give. Where were you?" I turn to him.
"Just out." He shrugs. "I was with Olivia."
"I figured. Everyone is getting laid this year," I say stupidly.
"But not you? I find that hard to believe."
"It's true."
"Wait a minute. Have you ever?"
"That's so none of your business," I tell him hitting his shoulder.
"You're telling me James Potter hasn't gotten laid in a year? That's amazing I love that." Daniel stretches out, his shirt lifting. He looks over at me, catching me staring. "This is one of those moments I wish we were both single," he tells me. My throat goes dry because that small part of me that loves trouble is dying to say me too. I notice a little too late that we're both leaning into each other.
"Shit. I'm sorry. This is so unfair to you and to James." I stand up, crossing my arms.
"I shouldn't have said that it's my fault, I'm sorry." He stands up, concern all over his face.
"Ellie? You okay?" Alli is standing on the top of the stairs.
"Yep I'm okay. I'm coming to bed. Goodnight Daniel, sleep well." I quickly walk up to Alli, grabbing her arm. "Shit okay this is bad," I whisper.
"Did you two finally do something?"
"No but almost. And I had a dream about him and James at the same time."
"Oooh that's nice, was it hot?"
"Alli! So not the point!" I pause and see her still expecting an answer. "Yes it was but like I said that isn't the point." She smiles, satisfied with that answer. "I can't be alone with him anymore. Alli you have to come to these tutor sessions with me every week please!"
"Okay, okay!" She calms me down then gets me back to bed. "Sweet dreams," she says winking. I roll my eyes, but secretly hope I do dream that same dream.