18. The End of the Scool Year

It's the last month of school and it's actually going to be a really warm summer. The guys and I are all hanging out by the lake taking stupid pictures of each other when Albus and Scorpius join us. I take a picture of them walking over while holding hands and smile at how cute they are.
"You two ready to be third years?" I ask them.
"You all ready for your OWLS?" Albus asks back.
"Don't remind me. Not looking forward to that," James groans.
"We can help you," Desmond says. Desmond and I are finishing close to top of our class.
"Let's not think about it until after summer," James says laughing.
"So you get to play the final quidditch game?" Scorpius asks James.
"Yep! Mcgonagall said she'd even think about letting me be captain if I stay out of trouble next year. I hope you'll try out again, Scorpius you've really improved since the beginning of the school year." James encouraging Scorpius makes my heart swell with pride.
The six of us hang out by the lake for the rest of the afternoon, only bothering to go in for dinner because we had to eat or we'd all get grumpy. I pass by Daniel at the Slytherin table and see him eye me. When I turn to look at him, he looks away quickly.
"He still bothering you?" Albus asks me.
"No actually. He just watches me sometimes," I tell him.
"Yeah well he better not talk to you again or James will rip his head off," Scorpius says.
"I don't think he's stupid enough to come near me. So what are your summer plans?" I ask them.
"Dad and I are going to travel a bit and then I'll probably hang out at the Potter house for a while," Scorpius tells me.
"Mum and Dad are taking us camping the first week and a half with all of Mum's side. You should see if you can come! Or are you guys going back to the states this summer?" Albus asks sadly.
"I honestly don't know. You should ask your parents if I can come though and then I'll ask my dad!"
"They'll definitely say yes. My parents love you. You and Scorpius are their favorites I swear," Albus says rolling his eyes. "It'll be really fun though because all of the uncles will be there. I don't know if Aunt Hermonie will be there the whole time since she's so busy."
Albus and Scorpius continue to talk about summer and how great it's going to be while I get lost in thought. I really do hope we stay here for the summer. Thinking about having to go back home where my friends suck is so depressing. Dylan wants to go to Hogwarts so maybe our family can just move here full time. They love having Dad at the ministry.
"Ellie?" Albus snaps me out of my thoughts.
"Huh?"
"Where's your head? You're not sick again, are you?"
"No, I'm okay. I was just thinking about how much I want to stay here. Going back to the states would suck," I say shrugging. They both agree.

That night I can't sleep so I quietly make my way down to the common room. I go to sit by the fire when I'm startled to see someone already sitting there.
"Scorpius! What are you doing up?" I try to stay quiet after the mini heart attack he gave me.
"Sorry! I was just having a hard time sleeping. You too?"
"Yeah. Are you okay?"
"Yeah. I'm really really okay actually," he says smiling. I join him on the floor and admire how much he's grown over the school year.
"What are you thinking about?"
"Just how much trouble you saved me. If it weren't for you, Albus never would have known how I feel about him."
"Never? I don't think that's true. I think you guys probably would have finally confessed your feeling around fifth or sixth year," I tease him.
"Well regardless, I'm really glad I don't have to wait that long. Or watch him go through a relationship with someone else or something horrible like that. You saved me." Scorpius looks over at me, his eyes clearly trying to convey how much I mean to him.
"You know I love you like you're my actual family?" I see how happy this makes him.
"I love you like you're the big sister I always wanted," he tells me back. "Albus feels the same. He loves you so much that he threatened James to jinx him if he ever hurts you."
I laugh with Scorpius, both of us facing the fire and trying to be quiet. When we both start getting more tired, I send him up to bed. On my way back to my own bed, I feel my heart pull looking around the common room. Please don't take me away from this place. My home. My boys. My Alli.

Before we know it, exams are over and it's the last day of school. I've already asked Dad about going camping with the Potters and he said it'd be okay. I'm not as sad about leaving Hogwarts since I know I'll see the guys over the summer now. I have everything packed and ready to go when Alli comes running in.
"Please tell me this isn't the last time I'm ever going to see you," she says.
"No way! I know I'm staying over the summer at least. I'll write to you and find out when is good for us to hang out and if I find out weather or not I'm going to be at Hogwarts next year."
"You better be coming back or I'll personally kick your Dad's arse," she laughs.
"Alli, thank you so much for your friendship. I can't wait to hang out over the summer. You're the best friend a girl could possibly ask for." We hug really tight and then look at each other sadly before she leaves the room.
Once all of us get on the train, James puts my bags up for me. Conor and Desmond give me big hugs. When we're on our way to Kings Cross, the rest of the guys go off to find some food. James and I sit quietly looking out the window.
"I'm really glad you're going to join us on the camping trip," he says finally.
"Yeah it'll be fun!" I smile at him and he looks back out the window. Things really haven't been the same since I told him I love him. I haven't said it again no matter how many times I felt like I wanted to. "Are we okay?" I finally ask.
"Yeah! Why? Do we not seem okay?" James has panic in his eyes.
"Just asking. You've been quiet lately. Anytime we're alone it's like you'd rather be anywhere else," I tell him.
"No! Ellie, no." He sits next to me, pulling me into a hug. "I love being with you. I love... so much about being together," he says.
I decide to drop it and just enjoy the rest of the train ride together. Conor and Desmond come back carrying loads of food.
At the end of the train ride James gets my bags down for me. We don't really look at each other until the train fully stops and I say goodbye to them all. I quickly hop off the train and search around for my dad.
"Ellie!" A familiar voice calls over the crowd of parents. "Ellie over here!" Dylan comes racing through the crowd, jumping on me.
"Dylan oh my gosh what are you doing here?" I spin him around and then see Mom and Dad with Amelia.
"We're all going to be here all summer!" Dylan tells me. My heart beats so fast I could explode.
"Ready to get back home?" Mom asks after kissing my head.
I look over at the Potter family to see James staring over at me. We wave to each other and I look back over to my parents. "Yep! Let's go," I tell them.