6. Full Moon

It's been about a month since I started at Hogwarts. I sit with Albus and Scorpius everyday for breakfast and dinner, I sit with my other boys for lunch. My best subjects are potions and care of magical creatures. I've even made more friends, two Slytherin girls in my year and a few Gryffindor girls in the year ahead of us. Everything has actually been going really well. Dylan and I write each other every week with what's going on in our lives and he sends pictures of him and Amelia.
It's the morning of November 17th and the owls are coming in to deliver the daily mail. To my surprise, I get an owl dropping a letter off to me. To my greater surprise it's from my dad.
"What's that, Ellie?" Scorpius asks.
"Oh it's from my dad. He wants to let me know he'll be going home for Thanksgiving. Without me." I crumple the letter and push my breakfast around with my fork.
"He's just leaving you here? You won't be able to see your siblings?" Albus looks at me with tears in his eyes.
"It's fine. I shouldn't miss school anyway. Plus I'm sure I'll be going home for Christmas," I tell them. Albus and Scorpius eye each other. "Guys really, I'm okay." Shrugging, I decide to go to the library for a while.

I'm nearly finished with my DATDA homework when I hear hushed arguing from behind me. Before I can go investigate though James comes and sits with me.
"Hey," he whispers.
"Hey," I whisper back, smiling.
"Heard about your letter. Albus is pretty upset for you. So are the rest of the guys. You okay?" He sets a comforting hand over mine.
"I'm fine. I guess." I shrug. When James gives me a look I know he wants the real answer. "It sucks you know? I miss my siblings so much. And honestly I sort of miss my mom," I admit. James holds my hand a little tighter and gives me a sad look. "I'll be okay I promise. Don't you dare tell Albus I'm sad though," I warn him.
James gives me a sweet smile and kisses the top of my hand. "Cross my heart." Before he lets go of my hand he clears his throat. "So I have to admit something. It's nothing bad. It's just that I've told my mum about you and how close you've gotten with me and the guys. And with Albus and Scorpius as well. She really wants to know your sweater size so my grandma can knit you one for Christmas," he tells me with the reddest face I've ever seen.
"Oh my gosh! James that's so sweet! But umm I really like the size of your sweater. It's so comfy." I smile at him and he turns even more red.
"Okay I'll let her know. Walk with me to Hagrid's?" He gives me a pleading look and I can't help but say yes.

Hand in hand, the two of us joke and laugh and (if I'm being honest) flirt all the way to Hagrid's. James at one point carries me on his back while I rest my head on his. "I kinda just wanna keep it just us," he tells me.
"So let's do that," I say back. He sets me down from his back, grabs my hand, and runs with me. "Where are we going?" I laugh while we run.
"You'll see!" He yells and laughs with me. James takes me to a spot in the forest where the sun shines through the trees perfectly. We're right at the edge of the lake too. After watching me admire the area for a minute, James grabs me into a big hug and kisses my forehead. "You like it?"
"I love it! When did you find this?" I let him hold me close to him and we make ourselves comfortable on a tree root that's shaped perfectly like a seat. James adjusts me to sit in his lap. 
"Last year actually. I just needed some space and wandered around and there it was waiting for me," he tells me as he pulls me even closer. "Hi." James looks into my eyes and smiles. We're so close I almost expect to kiss.
"Hello." I run my finger across his jaw. "Are you going to kiss me?"
"Do you want me to?" His hands slide down my back.
"I really don't know. I think I do but I'm just not sure. I like this a lot though," I whisper to him.
"I won't kiss you until you're ready. But I like this too," he whispers back. I rest my forehead on his and smile with my eyes closed. "So tell me about thanksgiving."
I look at him puzzled and giggle a little. "Well... it's all about food really. We pretend it's about being thankful blah blah blah but really it's all about the turkey, mashed potatoes, casseroles, macaroni and cheese, and cranberry sauce," I tell him. James runs his fingers through my hair while I continue to tell him about thanksgiving and sometimes laughs at the traditions of my family like how one of us somehow always starts a fire.
By the time we're done talking I feel much better. It'll be good to just hang around with my school friends and distract myself next week. James and I start walking back and pay Hagrid a quick visit on the way.
"Thanks for today, I really needed it. Um... and thanks for letting me set the pace for whatever it is we are," I tell him.
"Of course. We should have more alone time though. I feel really good when I'm with you." James gives me a hug before I have to head back to the common room. I give him a kiss on the cheek and wave bye.
The second I step into the common room Albus grabs my arm "I have to talk to you." He looks freaked out.
"What happened?" I rush over to the window seat with him.
"I think I know what's going on with Flick and Rolland. You're going to think I'm insane but I think... I think Flick might be a werewolf." Albus looks around. "I think they're trying to trick James into being around him when he turns. And most importantly I think they're going to use you to trick him. I saw Rolland researching pollyjuice potion in the library."
My stomach drops. "When is the full moon?"
Albus doesn't answer but I get my answer in his face. Tonight.

Albus, Scorpius, and I all rush out of the common room, heading for the Gryffindor common room. Suddenly I feel someone pull me back and I fall right on my back. "Going somewhere?" Rolland stands over me and Albus and Scorpius shake where they stand. "Stupify!" Rolland sends my boys flying backwards, stunned.
"NO!" I try to stand but Rolland kicks me down and grabs me by my hair.
"Night night, princess," Rolland says before shoving a potion in my mouth. I feel my eyes begin to flutter shut and suddenly everything goes dark.