Chapter 32 (Snow)

"Take care, all of you," mother says, looking at Neal, George and I.

"Make sure you take care of yourselves, hopefully we'll be back within a fortnight," I tell George and my sons. George looks at me and nods and smiles while Neal and William just nod and then look away. Both of them look troubled, especially William, and that look is because of us. Because of me.

"Don't worry, nothing will happen while you're gone," George assures David and I, "You're leaving the kingdom in capable hands," he smiles, again nodding but this time mostly at David. "Goodbye," he smiles and David nods back and then something completely unexpected happens.

They hug. They pat each others backs and hug. I mean I know we aren't in a big fight anymore but I honestly wasn't expecting that.

"I'm sorry for everything I did to you, really," George says, neither of them letting go.

"It's alright, I forgive you and I hope you can forgive me to," my husband replies, smiling to himself.

"You have nothing to forgive, all you ever did was fall in love. And I just want you to know I look on you like my own son," George says and and this David screws his eyes tight as a tear rolls down his face.

"Thank you," he says quietly, "That means a lot," and then they pull away, nodding at each other before the old king nods at me to.

"Goodbye," he greets, standing back on the steps. As he does this I look at my sons, wondering what they will do. We stand there in silence for a few minutes, and in that moment I know we're not going to get anything. I'm not trying to make them seem bad because we, their parents, really deserve it. Looking at David, we look at them and nod to say goodbye but just as we go to turn, we are jumped on.

His arms wrap around our necks, embracing both of us in a hug. Opening my eyes, I look at and I realise it's Neal. Honestly, I'm completely shocked, and by the look on David's face, he is to. For half a second we frown, but then we look at our second eldest son and smile.

I've missed this.

Hugging him back I close my eyes and desperately try not to cry and it's difficult. Does this mean he forgives us? I hope so though part of me doesn't because he told so many lies to him. And we still are, neither of us have had the heart to tell them their older brother is still alive.

God we're idiots.

"I'm so sorry," Neal whispers, making me shake my head but before I can correct him, he carries on. "I was angry at you for so long just because of a secret you kept. I had no right to ignore you because you kept it for a reason. What happened to James was truly terrible and if it had happened to one of my children, I would have been devastated and I would have done the exact same thing. So, I want you to know I forgive you and I love you," he finishes, making me absolutely speechless. Luckily though, as always, David is there for me and he replies to Neal for me.

"It's okay," David whispers back, "You have nothing to say sorry for, we do. We shouldn't have kept it from you and you had every right to be angry at us. The apology that's needed is from us, we are sorry Neal," he says, giving me time to get myself together.

"We love you," I say, "Both of you, so much," I add, looking at Will who stands there looking uncomfortable and unsure. "And don't ever forget that," but still looking at him, he looks even more guilty.

"Yeah whatever," Will mumbles, glaring at us slightly, mainly at his brother and then walking away to the palace gardens. I want to follow, I need to, so pulling away I start to follow but them I feel someone tugging me back.

"He just needs some space, and some time," Neal assures us, "I'll talk to him- he's just-"

"Hurting," David finishes, smiling sadly. After yet another minute of silence, where the horses can be heard getting impatient, I realise we need to go. The sooner we go, the sooner we'll get back.

"We should go," I say, receiving more nods. Our family really doesn't like talking today. It all seems like nods and silences. But hopefully after we've got Emma back, our family will be fixed and we will be close again.

"Goodbye, take care," Neal tells us, "I'll see you in two weeks," and after one last hug he steps back leaving nothing else for us to do. So, carefully I mount my horse, followed quickly by David and then my servant Molly and David's servant Jack loads our horses with the supplies as we will be going alone. Normally we wouldn't but this journey needs to be done just by us. No one else.

"Bye," I wave, galloping beside my husband as one thought swirls around my head.

This is it. After this we'll know how to save my daughter and we will have her back and we will all be a family again. Including her daughter.

I am so sorry Emma, for everything.

Short but sweet. Neal has forgiven his parents! Good or bad? What's up with William- will he forgive them or not? Find out in the next chapter! Things are about to get dramatic!