Chapter 26 (William)

Sorry for only having Snow chapters for a while but I hoped you enjoyed having them interact with Emma again! And having George in the story once again! Obviously it's sad that Emma's evil but still. Here's a chapter from Williams perspective again!

Outside the bright blue sky beams it's happiness, slowly being invaded by angry grey storm clouds. It's exactly how I feel really, my life which was once happy being taken by the darkness. Ever since Arthur was killed all I have been able to feel is nothingness. Am I wrong for being in contact with Emma and not telling anyone? For not telling my parents when they're trying to save her? I want my sister back, and not this new dark version either. I want the old her back but equally mother and father can't know I'm in contact with her. They would be unspeakably angry.

"Look Will. I know your hurting but I want you to know, you can talk to me," My brother says, patting me on the back and looking at me smiling ever so slightly. As he looks into my eyes however, it turns into a frown and he looks at the floor. "I am truly sorry for what happened. I really tried to stop it but I couldn't and after what happened with Emma, I can't help but think it is my fault," Neal confesses, looking back out the window and blinking away the few tears away that appear in his eyes after thinking of Emma.

"What happened wasn't your fault, it was mother and father's," I try to tell him, but he's having none of it. Turning his head to me quickly and shaking it, his slightly long hair falls out of place causing him to run his hand through it.

"No, it was," he argues, "She trusted me to keep a secret and I couldn't. I was weak, I felt to guilty hiding it from mother and father so gave in and told them. And now if I hadn't done that Emma wouldn't have left, her child would have a father, they'd be a family and Arthur wouldn't have died. All of it lands on me," the look in his eyes tells me he truly believes that but it really wasn't his fault. Okay he spilled her secret but he was just being loyal to mother and father. They are the ones who should get the blame, my brother played no part.

"Okay, lets say you were. Even if that hadn't happened nothing between me and Arthur would have changed. He would have still died because I fell in love with him long before Hook was killed," I tell my brother, my mind drifting to the simple days before all of this started. Back before we ever met Hook, back before Emma was stabbed.

"I know," Neal nods, resting his head in his hands before falling silent again. Calmly, his eyes close and he takes a visible breath in before he lets it out, hanging his head low to look at the cold stone of the window sill. "But I want you to know that I'm here for you Will, no matter what," he tells me, looking up at me.

"And I you," I awnser, truly meaning it. He's the one person in my life who hasn't betrayed me and hasn't left me and I won't loose him to.

"We're back," my father's voice sounds in a shocked, confused whisper. Turning around I see him, looking around the castle then at us. From the looks of things, it didn't go well. Mothers frowning and neither of my parents look happy. However that isn't much of a shock to me, I wasn't really expecting them to succeed. What does shock me though is the person I see standing in between mother and father.

Ex-King George.

He looks the same as mother and father described, the same red robes (although clearly ripped) but not those cold eyes I was always told about. Also what draws my attention are the angry red scars decorating his face, almost looking like they have been out there by the drag of human nails. This thought makes me shiver, knowing that Emma likely done that to him. I can't imagine her torturing anyone but I know she has.

Oh boy has she changed.

"You saved us," mother whispers to, her voice the same tone as father's. "You saved us," she repeats, in complete shock. Neither of them even address us, clearly something very important has just happened.

"What happened to you all?" Neal asks, rushing across the room to them. This to shocks me, before he wouldn't even say goodbye to them. Being fair however at the situation it would be weird if he was still ignoring them. King George, THE King George is here. Quickly I follow behind him, halting infront of them also prepared to put away my angers to find out what happened.

"He saved us," father repeats exactly what mother said, although he does build on it, "Why? Did you really mean it, what you said? Even if you did how can we trust you? What happened to you?" He bombards the man with questions, not that I blame him I probably would go in his position. "I thought you hated me, us," George doesn't look that bothered with any of the questions, making me a bit suspicious but that is before I see the look of regret in his eyes.

"Yes," he says so quietly I almost miss it. "Yes I do. What I did was wrong and I realise that now," he turns around so he's just facing 'his son' looking up into his eyes, looking desperate like a starving man for food to get forgiveness. "Emma locked me up. Tortured me for information, and for chasing her and hunting your family down. I deserved it all really, but despite the horrors I realised things needed to change. A guard felt sorry for me, he was actually an old guard of mine, retired before you got the kingdom, and helped me escape. I was going to go to the castle but then I heard your voices and knew I couldn't leave things. I am so sorry David, Snow. I should never have kept you from each other," at this he turns around to face my mother, his eyes darting between them and if I'm imagining it watering?

This can't be the king George they told me about. But maybe it's true, maybe torture did change him...

"It's okay," Mother nods, speaking bravely. This is said after intense stares between my parents, clearly having a conversation in their heads. They know each other well enough to do that now.

"Really? You believe me just like that?" George asks, looking a bit overwhelmed, "After all I've done?"

"People change," Father joins in though it's obvious he's holding back anger. Who'd blame him? There's still a lot of conversations to be had between them and by the suspicious, unbelieving look Neal gives me, he knows this to. "And I believe you have," he smiles, nodding at the old man but I can't help but still feel a tiny bit suspicious.

I'm not sure if I believe him or not being honest with myself. I don't want to. I really don't but I think I might.

But we shouldn't trust him, he could be working with Emma...

I really need to decide what side I am on in this, I love my sister but I know it would be wrong to help her kill my parents. If that's what she has planned.

"I'm going to bed," I say, breaking whatever conversation the adults were having and opting to get out of the room for some fresh air and time to think. "Night," I greet, not even staying for a hug or an awnser and leaving quickly. As I open the door I can hear the hurried footsteps of my brother behind me, telling my parents he'll talk to me.

Surely he can't believe George? But the problem is I think I do...