Chapter 25 (Snow)

Dressed in one of her beautiful, elegant dresses, Regina stands, all black makeup, dark brown hair tied up into a sleek ponytail. Next to her stands Rumplestiltskin, looking all ignorant and happy, giving us that wide toothy smile. He looks at everyone in the room and his hands come together, clapping with joy. His green scales still crowd his face, showing off his evilness clearly to everyone.

On the other side of Regina, completely shocking me is Cora. One I thought she was dead, two she's with Regina and neither of them look angry. For as long as I've known them they've hated each other but I don't see an ounce of hate for each other in their eyes. Hate for me and my husband yes, but not for each other. How? Why? Cora has that look of anger in her eyes for me, but I'm still shocked, what have I ever done to her? Why are Rumple and Cora helping Emma? Neither of them hate us do they?

Well okay we locked up Rumple but we've done nothing to Cora. What is Emma offering for them to help her?

"Regina?" I gasp and I'm dropped 4 feet from the air onto the floor, landing on my hands and knees. I thought we banished her? How is she here? How is Rumple out of his cage? How are any of them here? "How?" I murmur, "How?"

"Oh hello dear!" Cora greets, speaking loudly and with glee whilst inching closer to me. "Want to pass over your heart now and make this easier for us?"

Her daughter. She's doing this for Regina. Of course, I should have known. But Cora doesn't do anything unless it benefits her. What else is she planning?

"Don't kill them yet, you want them to suffer don't you?" Emma asks, raising a brow and stepping infront of the woman you has her hands stretched out infront of her, ready to rip my heart out. "As much as I hate them I want them to feel pain," she says, greatly exaggerating the word whilst looking over at David and I (who is helping me stand up) and frowning.

"Oh, I assure you my dear, this'll hurt," Cora assures, her evil, signature smirk, "If you want pain, this is pain," and quickly she plunges her hand into my chest. It's like a sword stabbing skin, the same searing pain.

"A petty killing is nothing compared to what we have planned, but I will still let her squeeze your heart a little, just to give you a small taster of what's to come," James tells us, stepping closer and a ever so wide smile appearing as my beating red ruby heart appears infront of me. I have to bite back a scream as she starts to squeeze, but as suddenly as it starts the pain stops. Cora holds the heart in her hand as everyone stares with saucer eyes, including me, because in the middle of the red ocean colour is black. A big paint splatter of darkness amongst the light sits infront of my eyes.

"Oh would you look at that," Emma smiles, exchanging a gleeful look with Cora and then with James. "You see that? Your hearts darkening," she observes pointing at me. "As a result of all your sins, and it's only going to get worse. Day by day your heart will get darker until it's completely black, and then? It will start to rot, rot until nothing remains except from your deepest regrets. I can't believe I was even planning my revenge because this is much worse. Knowing you're not a hero with proof, it will break you more than I ever can," she tells me, finishing my speech by snatching the heart back and gently squeezing it. I wince, biting my lip again as she begins squeezing heart again, most likely for her pleasure due to her whole speech about my darkening heart (I'm not even surprised. After killing Hook, killing Arthur, hiding millions of secrets from Neal and abandoning James I'm really not surprised)

"GET OFF OF MY DAUGHTER!" a voice suddenly screams. An extremely familiar voice that absolutely shocks me. I had thought Emma killed him when she took the castle, but apparently not. And as I look at him, disbelief pushed aside, it's him, it's really him. But the question is why is he calling me his daughter? He hates us, he hates us both. Why would he say that? Why is he here? And a million more questions which fly through my head, circling in my brain.

Same red robes as last time I saw him, except now they're ripped. His clothes are in complete tatters, looking like he has been in a animal attack with the red shreds of clothing and the scars which decorate his face. However something inside me tells me he has been in no animal attack, no this was my children. Or one of them at least, I'm not sure but I know they did this.

How has Emma fallen so far?

"I said get off of my daughter in law," George repeats, his voice lower this time but the same spite and hate filling them. Shaking her head and sighing, not seems that bothered, (likely because she can kill him with a wave of her hand or maybe because she planning this all. I'm not sure but I do know we can't trust either of them!) She saunters over to him, after giving my heart to Cora by throwing it in the air and it falling straight to her hand. Still smiling happily at me she throws it from hand to hand then throwing it to Rumple who throws it to Regina and they start having a game when James follows Emma to the man by the door.

"She isn't your daughter. He isn't even your son," Emma laughs, shaking her head, "Why do you even care about them? They took your kingdom from you, you tried to kill them, when you were strong at not this pitiful man you hated them, locked them up. Poisoned Snow, so why are you coming in to be all 'hero' now? You could escape you know. So why even try to help?" Looking at James, who comes just as close to the old man as Emma, she looks at him, actually looking surprised.

Maybe she didn't plan this, but I can't be sure.

"Leave her alone," he repeats, showing no signs of weakness, "What I did to them was wrong and I know that now, after being locked up but now it's time to stop feeling sorry for myself and start helping. So I am, now give the heart back," he spits in her face, making her look repulsed at him, wiping her face and rolling her eyes whilst taking a step back.

"Fine, you can go," she sighs, turning to Rumple who has the heart, "give her it back," she smiles at me, smirking as I gasp in pain when it's plunged back. Then she looks at us individually, "You can all go," and it's the tone in her voice that worries me as we are transported by a wave of smoke back to our castle.