Chapter 28 (William)

Just to be clear the picture above (Mordred) does not look like William. William and Arthur both look similar, imagine a younger looking David :) It's bad I'm only just mentioning this now 😂 imagine their looks as you will :)

"William," I hear from behind me "William, William wait," a feather light touch brushes against my shoulder, Neals useless attempt to stop me by trying to pull my jacket.

"Why?" I ask, turning around and bursting out with anger whilst taking a step back. "Why should I?"

I'm not entirely sure why I'm shouting or why I'm angry but I just am. With everything that's happened lately it's no wonder and seeing George and seeing them welcoming him back into the family like nothing ever happened just makes me even more angry at them.

Why couldn't they have done that with Arthur?

Okay, maybe that's it. That's why I'm angry.

"Will, I know you're hurting, I get it. You've lost someone you love, we all have so believe me I know how you feel," my brother begins, not making a good start. At the simple statement 'I get it. I know how you feel' makes feel feel angry because he doesn't. How can he?

"No! No you don't!" I argue, not shouting but speaking rather loudly, definitely loud enough to be over heard. "You haven't lost anyone like I have,"

"Okay, lets try Emma," he snaps, lifting his hand and moving it in the direction of the window. "Wait, oh no, excuse me. She's still here, her boyfriends still alive, we're a happy family together which has recently had another addition," he says with sarcasm practically dripping from his lips. "Oh wait no! That didn't happen, SHE LEFT, SHES GONE!" He screams, tears burning in his eyes. "Look Will, we've all lost someone," he continues, quietening considerably. "So don't go around pretending that you are because we all know your not. I-"

"Excuse me?!" I gasp, interrupting him, "You think that's what I'm doing? You think I'm that self involved? I knows Emma's gone, I think about it everyday and it pains me because I can't stop thinking about it. I mean you haven't lost anyone like I have," I tell him, also lowering my voice to match his. Pointing my hand to my chest in a still annoyed motion, "It was bad enough losing Emma but then I loose Arthur. I loved him and now he's dead. There's no getting him back but Emma? I believe we have a chance and seeing George and seeing them so open with him. Seeing him and realising that they didn't succeed," I don't finish however, instead closing my eyes and thinking of the moment I lost each person I loved. Thinking of the moment I helped Emma escaped, that seems like a lifetime ago now.

"I'm sorry," Neal sighs, taking a step closer, "This has all been really hard on you and I haven't been supportive enough," he apologises, pulling me into a hug. Hugging him back I don't say anything for a few seconds, frowning that my brother is apologising to me. I should be apologising to him.

"No, you've been supportive as hell," I say, patting his back and pulling back, "And thank you so much for that but I haven't let you be. I've been to busy thinking about myself and all I've lost that I forgot you've lost someone you loved to. But from now on I will be. We've both lost a sibling and we need to be there for each other," I smile back at him as we pull each other into a well needed hug again.

And as we hug I know that despite everything, our relationship is one of the only things that won't shatter. Even if George ends up being a traitor, even if Emma never joins us again, even if everything else goes to crap. He'll always be there for me and I will always be there for him.