Chapter 39

I stand still, looking into the mirror. My navy blue dress turns silver as it touches the floor. It sparkles and shines, I don't deserve this. Mindalia is curling my hair with some machine.

"Almost home." She says to me.

I sigh. "Almost."

It has been three hours since I arrived at the Capitol. I am dancing with a tall man when Ali scurries out on the dance floor and drags me away.

"The President would like to speak to you!" She whispers loudly.

I nod and let the control freak guide me into a long hall. From here three men in weird outfits escort me into an office. Immediately the smell of roses hits me. The men leave the room.

"Sit down, Miss Trullen." I look up to Snow's snake-like eyes and take a seat.

"You are a leader, we saw it in the games and we see it with your family. You are capable of leading the districts, for good or bad." His puffy lips tighten. "I'd like you to help me with some things."

I sit motionless.

"Let me rephrase that, Miss Trullen. You will help me whenever, whatever, and wherever I say."

I nod.

"You are only fifteen, imagine the power you'll have in just five years."

I gulp. "What do you want me to do?"

He raises his voice. "Be allies."

I nod, and for the first time, I realize the Games will never end.