Chapter 32

I am dressed in the blue sweater again, shoving as much food into my mouth as possible. We have been on the train for a day, Ali says we are almost there. This whole morning, I have been gathering items for my family. We stopped in another district for gas, and I picked some gorgeous flowers. Ali gave me a bright yellow vase for them, I will give them to Ashton's sister. I want to give something to my three brothers, but there's nothing much here they'd like. I'll just stuff a bowl with candy, and I will make up the rest for them back home. I pick out some dresses for May and Rosie. I love giving gifts to people.

"Faith!" Reed comes into my room where I am organizing my things. "We're home!"

I pull my new suit-case (a case with wheels) that Ali gave me and grab the vase. I smile brightly and run down the hall.

"Faith!" I hear people shouting my name.

I look out the window and see Star. She must notice me because her eyes widen and her lips turn up.

"Finally." I whisper.

The train doors slide open, I am free from the Games! May runs up to me, and I hand Reed my things and scoop my sister up. Tears of joy fall down my cheeks.

"You won." She says.

Rosie and the boys are now on the stage as well. I get down on my knees. My two year old brother, Drew, pulls a bouquet of flowers from behind his back. I give him a kiss on the cheek and accept the gift. Star is beside me now, and I pull the bracelet from my pocket and secure it around her wrist. She smiles and gives me a big hug. My mother has made her way over to me. This is what I have been waiting for, a hug from her. We stand there for quite some time, just absorbing the feeling of each other. My dad comes up from behind me and kisses the top of my head. I am wearing my usual bun. I find Cattlyn, Ashton's sister, and hand her the vase. I know what she looks like from a picture Ashton brought with him on the train. I know this must be incredibly hard for her and her dad. They've lost two member of their family recently. I can't imagine. I hand the vase out to her, and she accepts it gratefully. She hands it to her husband and gives me a picture of Ashton, Corala, Maple, Barker, and I before the games. It was the morning that Maple woke me up. I smile and give her a hug.

"I'll talk to you later." I say putting my gift in pocket.