Chapter 7: Fancy Lifestyle

This place is amazing. I have my own room, my own closet full of clothes, a shower and a bath, and a HUGE window opposite of my bed. I find a remote thing, and press random buttons. As I do, the window opens up and reveals a balcony. How did I miss this from inside? The cool breeze hits me. Aaah. I go back inside; I'm hungry. I quickly wipe off my makeup and change into a dark red sweater and black jeans. I walk down the hall barefoot, my sweaty feet making weird noises on the tile. I find Ashton and Reed sitting on the couch. I knock, not wanting to be accused of ease-dropping. They silence.

"Sorry, just wanted to grab a bite to eat." I say walking to the kitchen.

I approach a button that says DINNER FOR FAITH. I programmed it earlier and now it knows all the foods I like, sorta like, and don't like.I press it, and my favorite foods appear on the counter. Pizza, a flat bread with cheese and this red sauce smeared on it along with a glass of water, some brownies, gelatin, and a bowl of assorted berries. I grab the tray and head back to my room.

"Sorry to bother you!" I say, walking past the couch.

I grab the remote from my bed, pieces of paper, and a pen. I place the items on the glass tray and open the balcony. I eat my meal in silence, and begin to write a letter for Reed to deliver when I die. IF I die, is what I meant. I tell my family how much I loved them and how much they meant to me. I tell them I don't regret taking tesserae for them. I also write to Star, I am about half way done with her letter when Reed finds me. I pop the last berry into my mouth and smile at her.

She returns the favor, "Training starts tomorrow, let's go over our program one more time."