Chapter 10: First Aid With Corala

We walk over to the first aid station, and the lady running it looks thrilled we are here.

"Good morning, ladies!" She calls when we are only a few feet a way from her. "I am Clio."

I think my eardrums just shattered, if that's even possible.

"Hi. Can you teach us some First Aid?" Asks Corala.

"Well duh." Says Clio.

I see Corala's posture shift. I put my shoulder between the two.

"Great! Thanks. Where do we begin?"

As the hour progresses Corala and I learn CPR (Corala already knew how, it must be popular in district four), how to treat different wounds, (burns, stings, bites, and cuts) and we learn how to properly set a broken bone. We were taught to pop a dislocated joint back into it's socket. I practiced on a dummy, it was kinda funny actually, to hear the lifeless thing grunt and pop and snap. Clio taught us how to reduce a fever. She showed us some signs of an infection, I was terrible at this part. I learned a lot, but Corala didn't really seem to interested.

"I'll see you later!" Calls Corala and she heads over to the bow and arrow station.

I really do hope I won't have to kill her. Same with seven. I rather die in the bloodbath than win and kill them. I have to stop thinking this way.