CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Sasha's POV

Harley sits in the interrogation room, in silence. There's not much I can do to help her, the evidence just keeps piling up against her and the gun is registered to her. With Ben not waking up, it's hard to find the truth. He was left half dead and now he's in a coma after surgery. My guy says it's not Harley but I have to follow it professionally. Her lawyer won't be here for another hour and I've told Zack, one of my lead detectives, to buy time.

Walking inside, her heads down on the cold metal table and she seems to be unfazed with me. I lock the door and turn the camera off, "Harley tell me everything" She looks up and then at the camera. She sighs loudly then groans in her hands.

"I didn't do this Sash. I wouldn't just hurt him out of nowhere"

"I know Harley but you need to tell me something that can help you"

She nods and sits back, "I've been monitoring Ben for the past couple of weeks. Nothing seemed weird until recently, when he became best buds with my dad. Then my guys told me that he has been outside Diana's company after work, everyday, for a week now. So I called him, just to get things straight. We had an argument and it became physical. I punched him in the face twice, then when he left I got frustrated and punched the wall. That's how I got the bruises...I needed to calm down so I went to the beach. That's why my security didn't see me for hours"

"Have you got anyone that can corroborate with this?"

"Check the street cams, the road by the beach is filled with cameras"

I cross my arms and stare into her eyes, she's telling the truth. "Why not tell me this before?"

"Because! Diana's pregnant, her dickhead Ex happens to be an abuser and I was the last person with him. It screams MOTIVE!"

The door opens revealing the famous blonde lawyer, Scarlet Jones. Diana has been waiting in the waiting area so I'm sure they've seen each other. She walks in with poise and smirks at me, "I've read through the case and would like to consult my client" She says firmly.

I nod and leave the room, heading straight to the room next door. There's a glass allowing me to see them but they can't see me. I'm not allowed to listen to what they say but it's so tempting. Scarlet puts her hand on Harleys shoulder, and I see the hint of mischief in her eyes which make me sick to my stomach. There's a knock on the door and I open it, revealing my partner Perez. "Aria wants to talk to you. I can handle the interrogation until then" He says calmly, I smile and walk to my office where I see Aria pacing.

As soon as I close my door, Aria looks at me with rage. "You get my fucking sister out of this or so help me God Sasha!"

"It doesn't work like that and you know it. Listen, I'm confident that she didn't do it"

"Then get her the fuck out!"

I hold her arms and make her look at me, "If I could, I would. There's a process. So far she has told me the truth but now she has her lawyer, I don't know what she will say. The evidence I piling up and Bens still not awake"

"Ughh I'm going to fucking kill him"

"I don't think you should say that in front of me" She laughs lightly and kisses me softly, I look into those beautiful green eyes and smile. "I'll do whatever I can to find who actually did this and clear her name"

She rolls her eyes, "Tell me before you arrest them...I'll sort the son of a bitch out" She mumbles and pecks me, then walks away.

That's when Diana walks in, she looks annoyed too. "When can I see her?"