CHAPTER NINE

Harleys POV

She's been really quiet the entire ride so I've come up with an idea. Instead of the date being today we can do it another time. This is now time to cheer her up and maybe find out what got her upset. Sash and Kali refused to tell me so I'm guessing it's something bad. I take a left, heading straight to the beach. Slowly I watch Diana start to recognise where we're going then she looks at me with sad eyes, "I don't feel like swimming" She mumbles. She looks so vulnerable compared to her stone cold demeanour she usually has.

"We're not swimming. This isn't our date by the way"

She nods and looks back out the window, we finally get the the beach and I lead her to the sand. "Take your shoes off"

She looks at me with a raised brow, "Fine. But you're carrying me back" She takes her heels off and starts walking on the grass. I lead her to my secret spot and looks down to see the picnic blanket. I texted a friend of mine to set it up while I was walking to the car earlier. It's not much, it's just the blanket and cooler with ice cream in it. She takes a seat on the blanket and I sit next to her, then open the cooler taking out a Magnum.

The ice cream.

Don't have such a dirty mind!

She looks at me and pouts, "Thank you" It makes me smile and nod.

There's silence as we stare at the water. "Do you want to talk about it?"

She sighs, "There's a guy...we dated a while ago and it wasn't the best relationship"

"Do you still love him?"

She looks at me surprised by the question then looks back at the sea, "I don't want to. But right now I'm so confused as how I feel..."

I hold her hand and squeeze it lightly making her look at me, "Follow your heart. Do what you think is right"

"That's two different things"

I laugh lightly, "Then pick wisely" She nods and we eat the ice cream while staring out at the sky.

———

Currently walking on the sand, it feels like we're in our own world. The weight of the world immediately disappearing. My parents have been hounding me about work, relationships and more. They love to put their input into things. It's pretty annoying. No it's really annoying. Earlier my dad was shouting disgusting words down the phone at me. It's nothing new, pretty used to it.

"Is everything okay? You've been spaced out" She asks with her hand still in mine and she stops walking.

I scratch my head, "My parents. They aren't the best I guess. I'm used to it, was just a bit much today"

She nods and stops me, then pulls me down and kisses me softly. We get interrupted by water on our feet and Diana jumping onto me. I carry her back to the picnic blanket and she sits back down. She looks out in the distance then me, "Let's do pros and cons on this guy you love"

She starts laughing, "Sure"

I pretend I have a notebook and look at her with a brow, "Pros?"

"He's tall. Smart. And has a nice car"

Laughing I look at her surprised, "That's it?"

She shrugs, "I can't think of much"

It makes me wonder, there must have been something that attracted her to him. "Are you sure?"

She closes her eyes and then sighs, "He was sweet, funny and caring. We had our good times..."

I nod and pretend to jot it down with my imaginary note and pen. She laughs and elbows me, "Now the cons?"