𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸 ❀ 6

After departing the train together, Jasmine, Alice, James and Fred were led to where they were going by a gruff but very welcoming voice.

"Firs' years over here! Firs' years follow me!"

"Come on!" James said as he grabbed Jasmine's hand, leading her over to the voice. Fred and Alice followed. Jasmine gasped when she saw who was shouting.

A giant man was standing there; at least fifteen feet tall. He had black, beady eyes, a huge beard and long hair. He looked so happy to be where he was, and Jasmine looked up at him in absolute wonder.

The giant man, meanwhile, grinned down at the quartet before him. "Hello, James, Fred, Alice! I heard you's were comin' this year!

"Hi Hagrid!" James said, looking up at the man. "This is Jasmine. Jasmine, this is Hagrid!"

"You're a..." Jasmine was lost for words.

"He's half giant!" Fred laughed.

Hagrid looked mildly embarrassed until Jasmine said. "That's so cool!"

Hagrid laughed as he called out to th big group of first years that had now gathered around him. "Anymore firs' years?"

There was none. So Hagrid lead the first years down a nice path through a little clearing.

"Did he know your parents as well?" Jasmine asked James, whom she was walking next to.

"Yeah. He was who first told my dad he was a wizard," James told her. "He apparently has a log cabin on the grounds that my dad, my aunt and my uncle used to go visit all the time!"

"Your aunt?" Jasmine asked.

"Yep - Aunt Hermione," James answered. "Aunt Hermione's married to my Uncle Ron, and those two and my dad made up what's now called the 'Golden Trio'," he rolled his eyes. "They were the ones that managed to win the battle that happened at Hogwarts all those years ago," he eventually finished with.

"Wow," was all Jasmine managed to get out. "So... who're Fred's parents?" She asked, as they continued to walk on the forest path.

"My Uncle George and Aunt Angelina's," James answered, as Jasmine's eyes widened. "Let's just say... there's a lot of us in the Weasley/Potter/Longbottom, for Alice, clan. More than just what you've seen today. But don't worry, half of them already go to Hogwarts. Fred's named after Uncle George's twin brother who died in the battle," he sighed.

"Sorry," Jasmine said gently.

"It's fine," James shook his head. "Plus, most of us in this family are named after others. Me and my two siblings are."

"So... who're you named after?" Jasmine frowned.

"My dad's dad," James sighed. "He died when my dad was a baby. And my sister's named after my dad's mum. So really, I'm James Potter the Second."

Jasmine giggled at that, and James joined in.

"It just sounds so like you're a royal!" She laughed.

"Yes, bow down to me!" James put on a fake posh voice which made Jasmine laugh harder.

James smiled. "Oh, and my brother, Al. Well, Albus. He's named after Albus Dumbledore. My dad... well, he was at Hogwarts when Dumbledore was headmaster, and he was special to him."

Jasmine smiled. "And here I thought my name had meaning because my mum's name was a flower and she named me after one as well," she joked.

James laughed. "Well, you can't beat a Potter."