𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝑂 ❀ 6

A few days later, and the new quidditch team was up and out early, Jess leading them through the grounds as they went to the pitch for their first practice as a new team.

"Right, Manley was a, uh... passionate captain, but he wasn't wrong about many things," Jess said to her team. "He was right about commitment, that's for sure. So that's why we're out here at this time- what? Oh, you've got to be shitting me."

Jasmine, who was just behind her, looked to the side, seeing none other than the Slytherin team striding across the lawn.

Seriously?

Jess took the team to meet them, greeting the captain as she did. "Where d'you think you're going, Flint?"

The captain of the Slytherin team, Olivia Flint, was big and domineering, and not the type of person Jasmine wanted around at all.

"Quidditch practice," Flint replied with a smirk.

"Well, you can't, pitch's booked," Jess said tersely.

"Easy there, Moreland," smirked Flint. "I've got a note."

She took it out the pocket of her robes and handed it to Jess, who snatched it quickly and rolled her eyes, reading it out. " 'I, Professor C Sanches, hereby give Slytherin permission to train today, owing to the need to train their new seeker.' What? You've got a new seeker?"

The Slytherin team wore matching smirks as they separated, revealing-

"Nott?" James rolled his eyes. "Of course."

Samuel Nott stood in between all the players, his broom shouldered, wearing the same smirk, identical to that of his teammates.

"Yeah, that's right," he sneered. "And that's not all that's new this year."

It was then that Jasmine noticed that not only did the team have identical expressions, they also had identical brooms. They were-

"Firebolt Threes?" Fred raised his eyebrows.

Jasmine sighed. She knew both James and Fred both had Firebolt Twos, but she didn't know a third version had come out.

"Where the hell'd you get those?" James demanded.

"A gift from Samuel's father," Olivia Flint sneered.

"You see, Weasley, Potter, my parents may not be famous, but they can sure-"

"Well, no one gives a shit how rich your parents are," Jasmine snapped. "And plus, at least everyone on this team has talent, and not just a loaded daddy."

Nott looked at her, scandalised.

"How dare you speak to me like that," he snarled. "You filthy little mudblood."

Now, Jasmine didn't know what that meant, and would've happily just stuck her middle finger up at him and marched towards the quidditch pitch, but the team didn't.

Instantly, Jess yelled at Nott, making him cower back. Dominique, Ben and Roxanne made disgusted faces, one of them putting a hand on her shoulder. Fred was all for going at Samuel and dealing with him the muggle way, but Ben held him back.

No one restrained James, though.

He pulled out his wand, yelling. "How dare you say that to her! Levicorpus!"

All at once, Nott was getting swept off his feet, being hung upside down by an invisible source, his robes flapping round.

James tried to run at him but Dominique restrained him, saying. "Oh no you don't-!"