𝑌𝐸𝐴𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸 ❀ 2

Jasmine gasped from where she was standing, hidden from view. Iris, however, immediately recovered. "You are mistaken, I only have one daughter."

The woman at the door did not seem phased by this. In fact, she seemed rather amused. "I didn't ask if she was your daughter. I asked if I could see a girl who lives here called Jasmine."

Iris was speechless. No one ever one-upped her like that. Not even Jasmine.

"So?" The woman had a sardonic expression on her face and was clearly still amused. "Is there a girl here called Jasmine?"

Iris sighed. "Okay. You can see her."

She didn't really care what strange ladies her stepdaughter was meeting. As long as Jasmine wasn't telling them anything about her home life.

Jasmine had now sprinted back to her room from where she had been listening, so that her stepmother didn't suspect anything.

Meanwhile, Iris let the woman in the green robes in, and led her to Jasmine. Originally, the woman was surprised, but then Iris rolled her eyes and she snapped out of it. Iris sighed and led the woman down the stairs to Jasmine's bedroom. She then knocked twice on the door, and, without even listening for a reply, barged in.

Jasmine was ready, sitting on her bed. "I'm not apologising, I didn't do anything, so would you just go awa-"

"Jasmine! Er- this- this woman is here to see you!" Iris raised her voice over her stepdaughter's shouts. Jasmine fell silent at this, however. She was shocked, but his it well.

"So- erm- what exactly did you want with Jasmine?" Iris turned to the woman who said curtly.

"Please may I speak to Jasmine alone?"

Iris's eyes widened slightly and gave a fake chuckle. "No- er- I don't think that's a very- um- a very good idea-"

"Please can I speak to Jasmine... alone?" The woman rephrased. She did not raise her voice or become threatening. She was simply just phrasing her request again.

Iris paled and quickly left the room.

Jasmine was shocked how much of a hold this woman had on her stepmother. Not even she had spoken to Iris like that.

The woman came over and sat on Jasmine's small, wooden desk chair she sat on to do her homework. Jasmine stayed on her bed.

"You must wonder why I'm here Miss Hart," the woman said.

"You don't have to call me miss," Jasmine was both confused and flattered.

"I do," the woman didn't explain but went on. "I- am here to tell you a very difficult truth."

Jasmine sat forward and put her hand on her chin.

"But I need to ask you a question first," McGonagall said, whilst Jasmine nodded alone. "In the last few years, when you have been angry, or sad, or even really happy, has anything... unusual happened? Anything at all?"

Jasmine thought hard. And yes, there had been... and not just the wave...

When she was eight, Jasmine had received a letter from her father that said he wasn't coming back, she had crumpled it and chucked it in the bin, only to find it had set fire to itself. She had never told anyone of this, however. Especially when she saw that when the fire stopped, there was no damage to the bin.

At Rebecca's tenth birthday, when she had some friends over for a sleepover, they had drawn on Jasmine's face when she was asleep. But when Jasmine woke up, their faces had drawn-on glasses and moustaches and Jasmine's had had nothing. She had no idea how that happened, either.