ᗢ 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝟤𝟧

Peter's POV

I think I just made a huge mistake. I gave Beck the glasses Tony left for me. I shouldn't have. I was walking to my room when MJ opened her door.

"Where were you?" She asks.

"I was just... getting fresh air." I lie.

"Do you know about Y/N? Her actual identity was given away today." MJ sighs.

I nod. "I've known for a while."

"I'm just kind of upset she kept a secret from me. I'm her best friend. But, it's okay. It was probably for safety reasons."

"It was." We stayed in a comfortable silence for a second. "Do you wanna come outside with us? On the bridge?"

"Sure. I'll meet you down there in 5?" MJ smiles.

"Yeah. I'll go get her."

I started walking towards my room and Y/N walked out of hers.

"Where were you?" She asks.

"With Beck." I say. "And I made a mistake. I gave him the glasses. The EDITH ones."

Her eyes widen. "Why the hell would you do that? Those are from Mr. Stark himself."

"We're kids! We're not ready to own a multibillion dollar franchise. And we would pretty much be in control of the Avengers." I explain. "But, I promised MJ we would go on the bridge with her. So, let's go!"

I grabbed her hand, throwing my bag into her room, dragging her to the elevator.

On the bridge

We were just waking in silence before MJ stopped us.

"Peter, you do realize I know who you are right?" She says.

"I-"

She interrupts me. "Am Spiderman. You're Spiderman."

I stutter a bit and Y/N's eyes widen. "No. I'm not Spiderman.

"I mean, it's kind of obvious."

"I'm not Spiderman. What would make you think I was Spiderman?" I ask.

"Peter, Washington?"

"Yeah?"

"The fact that you disappear out of nowhere for no reason." MJ chuckles.

"No, I was sick. Remember?" I stutter. "I my- the tummy thing?"

"Susan Yang thinks you're a male escort."

"What?!" My eyes widen. "No, of course I'm not a male escort!"

"Then you're Spiderman."

"No, I'm not Spiderman at all."

"What about tonight? You snuck off after Y/N did. And Y/N is a Maximoff and she was there. You both fought it. I saw it."

"You can't have seen me because I'm not Spiderman. And also, on the news, it was the Night Monkey."

"The Night Monkey?"

"That's what it said on the news. And the news never lies." I say.

"Night Monkey. Okay." She opens her backpack. "Well, do the Night Monkey and Spiderman use the same webs?"

She holds out some sort of machine thing covered with my webs.

I gulp. "I mean, maybe. Maybe he's a Spider Monkey. Who knows?"