Chapter 41:Gone So Long.

Alex came and picked up Alicia. He came in for a bit and we all talked. They were so happy together. They left and hours later Austin came home, drunk. "BABE!" He screamed. He stumbled inside and tripped on the couch making a lot of noise. I heard Robert cry. "SHUT UP AUSTIN YOU FUCKING WOKE UP ROBERT AND GUESS WHO HAS TO PUT HIM TO BED AND STAY UP ALL NIGHT? ME!" I snapped I had enough. He just sat there and laughed, "You're pathetic." I went upstairs into Robert's room and cradled him in my arms for hours until he fell asleep.

Austin was asleep on the couch by the time I put Robert to bed. I went into our bedroom and just sat there. I don't know if I can do this. I don't think I can take care of a baby by myself. He either steps up or I'm leaving with Robert. I didn't sleep at all. I knew Robert was going to wake up any minute. As soon as I got comfy I heard Robert cry. I sighed and got up. Please just this once, fall asleep for the rest of the night. I walked into his room and picked him up, "Hey baby. Shhh It's okay mommy's here." I rubbed his back and paced back and forth.

I looked at the time it was almost 8 in the morning. I sighed and put Robert back in his crib. I walked downstairs and made some coffee. I grabbed my mug and went outside on the porch and just sat there looking at the sky. I  don't know how long I sat there but it was nice.

I finally got up and went back inside. Austin was still asleep and to my surprise so was Robert. I sighed, I could get some sleep but I know that will soon be interrupted by the guys or Robert. I walked upstairs and went into my room. I walked into the bathroom and had a shower. After I got out and got dressed. I put on a pair of skinnys and a black Breathe Carolina t-shirt.

I could hear that Robert was awake so I grabbed my phone and went into his room. I picked him up gently and laid him on the changing table. I did this every morning. I changed his diaper, dressed him in new clothes and fed him. After I fed him I decided to go to the store. I got out the new stroller Phil and Tino bought for him and strapped him in. I wrapped a blanket around him and left.

I bought some food for the house and a case of monsters, considering I'll be needing them. I got some milk for Robert and I bought a new AP magazine for later. I went up to the cashier to see Mora working. "Hey Mora, I never knew you worked here." She smiled up at me, "Omg is that Robert? Alicia told me all about him." She looked over the counter and smiled widely. "He's perfect. I can't wait for my sister to have her baby." I laughed and nodded. I felt the same way. "So how are you and Jaime?" She laughed and blushed. "We're doing really good. He's actually taking me out for a special dinner tonight." I smiled widely, "Awh you guys are so cute together." She laughed and nodded her head.

After I paid and walked back home. Mora promised to tell me all the details later. I walked in to see Austin sitting there. He looked up at me then rushed over and helped me bring the stroller in. "Where were you?" I shrugged, "Store." He nodded his head then unbuckled Robert and held him in his arms. I put the stuff away and grabbed myself a monster. I was tired at all to my surprise. "You look, tired." Austin blurted out. I laughed loudly scaring Robert. "What?" Austin looked at me confused. I shook my head and sat on the lazy boy drinking  my monster.

Austin just sat there with Robert. I could see Robert was falling asleep. I waited until he was in a deep sleep. I got up and opened my arms. Austin placed him in my arms and looked down at me. I ignored him and went upstairs. I put him in his crib then shut the door. I went back downstairs and sat back on the couch. "What's wrong?" Austin asked me looking concerned. I shrugged my shoulders. I don't want to talk to him. "Whatever, I'm going out with the guys later." That just set me off. "Is that all you're going to do Austin? Is leave me and Robert to party and get drunk? I haven't slept at all because of your stupid drunk ass. I stayed up with Robert all night and morning. Same with the other night. You either step and be a father or I'm leaving."

Austin looked at me shocked. "Zun-" I cut him off before he could even start his sentence, "No Austin I don't want to hear you excuses for not being here for me and the baby. Did you know I stayed up the other night crying because I was in pain? Did you know that? No of course not because you were out getting piss drunk." I heard the front door open, I didn't care who it was because honestly I'm sick of having to hide everything. "And you know what Austin, I'm so sick of you thinking I can't handle things myself because honestly I've been doing things myself for the past week. Go out tonight have fun, but if I'm not here and neither is Robert, don't be surprised."

He sat there and just looked at me. I could see the tears in his eyes. Now he wants to feel guilty.  I sighed and tried to keep the tears back. "I just need you to be here." I tried so hard but the tears just came flowing out. Austin came over and picked me up then sat down and placed me in his lap. He held me tightly. "I'm sorry Zundra, I thought you wanted space. I really am. I can't believe I fucked things up already. Please give me another chance. I want to be in Robert's life, and yours." I could feel his tears on my shoulder. I turned my head and looked at him. "I'm sorry I was a little harsh." He shook his head and wiped my tears. "You were honest."

Austin and I just sat the holding each other when we both realized that Alan and Morgan were standing at the doorway. Austin and I bursted out laughing. They looked at us laughed as well. "That was like a movie. We also took some pictures." Alan said laughing. Austin shook his head and laughed. They took off there shoes and sat on the couch. "SO, I guess you're not coming out tonight?" I glared at Alan who just raised his hands in defense and laughed. "I'm joking, he's not invited to anything." I laughed. "Good."."Well until he starts doing his job." I threw a pillow at Alan making him dramatically fall off the couch holding his heart. I laughed and held my stomach in pain.

We were all just sitting there laughing and joking around when Robert started crying. I got up and headed for the stairs but Austin picked me up and swung me around and sat me on the couch, "I got it." He smiled then ran upstairs. I smiled and sighed in relief. Alan and Morgan were so into playing there game on xbox that they didn't notice Austin leave. "Austin who do you thinks going to win." I sat there in silence to see what they would do. "Austin! Who?"."Pick somebody." I held in my laughter. Alan paused the game and looked over annoyed. "You could've told us he wasn't in the room anymore." I started laughing loudly. "You should of seen how annoyed you were getting. Omg that was so funny." He rolled his eyes and pouted. "Baby." I mumbled.

Austin finally came downstairs and smiled. "He finally went back to sleep."."Try being me during the night." He looked at me and pouted. "That;s not fair." I shrugged and smiled. He kind of deserved it. I got up and kissed him. I'm glad he was finally stepping up. Maybe things will turn out to be perfect after all.