chapter 11

wn: this is still in sandy's pov btw:)

the book i was holding instantly fell back onto the desk at how shaky my hands were. my heart began racing and i looked over at y/n in fear. i waited for some sort of reassurance. anything. until she nodded and mouthed "don't worry, go." which gave me the strength to unfreeze and make my way out the door.

as i walked through the halls the silence was incredibly loud as if the school was empty. i peaked a couple stares coming from a few other teachers as i passed their classrooms til i arrived at the principals office and knocked at her door.

"come in," she said, her voice was sharp and clear, i stepped in with fear rubbed all over my face. i gulped and sat down on one of the empty seats in front.

"i'm afraid u know why u're here, don't u?"

my only way out this was a brick wall. i had nothing to say for myself. "no im not quite sure, Ms Blanchett."

"oh but i know u do, would u like to fill me in or will i start?"

"uh.. u start.."

"that's alright with me. a few days back there was a suspicion coming from an anonymous source saying u had been sleeping with one of our students. is that right?"

i froze. completely. my face turned so pale u could see the little veins that went in across my wrists. "yes Ms. i may hav—"

"and u do know u have committed a criminal offence right?"

i tried avoiding look down as that showed weakness. and i wasn't weak. i nodded and nibbled on my lip to retrain becoming fidgety with my fingers.
"Ms Blanchett please, i beg u to keep this a secret within us, and whoever may have found out or seen something! this is the best job i've ever gotten and the students—"

"the students really like u i know. before ur job was full time i had about 5 of them in every individual class ask me to give u the permanent job. then i turned to find some of them liked u a little too much."

"yes, i love my students Ms, i'd do anything to stay here and continue working with them. anything."

"anything? even perhaps end your affair and often detentions with miss y/s?"

"oh.. well.. Ms i know this isn't a position for me to be talking but y/n and i have- more than feelings- i care for her incredibly and i really wanted to stop but this from the start but we went so far without even- realising- i mean i'm still young,"

she slammed her desk and looked at me in the eyes making me feel weak again. i my whole body froze and i gulped.

"i know u're still young, and very well persevered but she's 17 Sandra. 17 YEARS OLD. and how old are you?"

"23.."

"do you see the trouble here?"

"she's almost 18... we were going to keep it a secret until she was but- i guess someone found out before that." i paused for a moment to think about my actions. "look i'll end it, i'll talk to y/n and we'll end the affair. and we never speak of this again."

"the only reason i won't fire u is because of the students find out why it would be a pile of dirt spread on the schools name. i hope to not hear about this again as u say so. the affair must end as soon as possible. i'll call u up again at the end of the week and i better have updates. u may go now."

i nodded in response before getting up and walking out. as soon as i shut the door i became overwhelming and anxious. i walked back to my class slowly but took a minute before to sob in my hand. quickly trying to pull myself back together and figuring out how i'd tell y/n.

...