chapter 3

one thing about me is that i never opened up to anyone. unless they gave me a reason to- or if i really cared for that person. in any way.
i came to school in the rain, i was drenched since i didn't have my umbrella with me. it was around 6.30am so the halls were quite empty. i sat down in front of my locker on my phone listening to my own music when suddenly i heard soft heels clicking on the floor coming towards me.
i looked up to see miss bullock hovering above me. she smiled and i quickly paused my music and took out my headphones.

"are you okay lovely? your soaking wet," she said, while kneeling down to my level, placing her hand on my knee. i looked up at her with a soft smile forming on my face.

"i'm fine, i just came early today- i didn't really want to stay at home u know?" i fixed myself up a lil, she gave me that motherly look which made my heart melt in pieces.

"that's fine," she replies "if u want, instead of sitting out here alone, would u like to come in the classroom with me? u can help me get it sorted before the students come in. but it's up to u sweetheart."

i thought for a moment, maybe this would be an opportunity for me to get to know her better since the last time we spoke. "yes i do, maybe it'll get me dried up while i'm at it:)" i added on.
she stood up and put her hand out to help me to my feet, then leaded the way to her classroom.

"so, Sandy.. how long have u been teaching for?" i asked, which sounded like a stupid question. one that i would know the answer to since she seemed super young for a teacher.
"oh, well- i'm actually still a student teacher, this is technically just my training. but once i finish my last year of university in 4 months i'll start working here, permanently. excited isn't it?"

"yeah i suppose. if i could i'd make u my english every year." i smiled at her, also receiving a smile back.
god, she was so pretty when she smiled.

"aw thank u, that's very sweet of u, y/n. i would love to have u as a student every year. i see potential in u."
she nodded as she unlocked the room to her classroom and walked in with me behind her.

"u think so?" i looked at her from the side

"yes of course i do, ur a beautiful young lady, ur mature for u age- and incredibly smart, but u just need to believe in urself more often." she layer her text books down and leaned on her desk, looking into my eyes with her arms crossed.

i was a bit shocked how she managed to pick up all of that from simply observing me on her first day in class.

"i'm impressed. u seem to be observant,"

"i sort of have to be u know, especially for students like u." she flashed a smile at me, which made my cheeks turn rosy pink.

i helped her around, fixing the chairs and picking up any little random pieces of paper i found which were left behind by the younger students.

a few minutes went by and i suddenly heard the noises of crowded teenagers surround the hallways, it wasn't long before the bell started ringing and they began coming into the classroom.
i sat at my seat once they started entering.

"thank u for your help, y/n." she winked at me, then leaving me without another word to start of the lesson.

...