chapter 2

i turned to face her, looking around the room making sure she was speaking to me.

she spoke once again, softly this time

"yes i'm speaking to u miss. don't worry ur not in any big trouble,"

she let out a chuckle after her sentence and stood in front of her desk, leaning back a bit.

y/n: "yes? what is it?"

she took a step closer to me, with her right heel clicking on the marble floor as she did so. her hands fiddling with each other caught my attention.

"today was my first day teaching ur class, but i seemed to notice u were zoning out a lot. and i was just wondering if there's anything i can help u with, darling?"

oh? i don't know what i was expecting the reasoning for her holding me back to be but this was definitely not my first thought. i knew exactly what was wrong but i was trying to find ways to play it off in my head. i cleared my throat and looked up at her.

"no there isn't, well—"

she raised her eyebrow at me and came even closer placing a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"u know u can tell me anything alright? i'm here to help. but if i find u keep missing work i'm keeping u in for detention."

her words sounded like a blur in my ears, i was too busy trying not to panic at her touch. it seemed stupid but she was so close to me i felt my heart pick up it's pace.
i wasn't sure how to respond, so i just lightly nodded and looked up at her again.

"okay good. i'll let u go now,"

"see u tomorrow- Sandy"

...