chapter 7

it was almost 7. i was all dressed up but i wasn't sure if it was appropriate enough, but after all it was just a dinner with my teacher. either way i didn't want to be late so i had to get going. before i could even step out the door i heard a call from my mom who was standing behind me.

"where do u think ur going young lady?". i turned around to see her with her arms crossed and tapping her foot on the ground.

"i'm going to- uh- a friend's house."

"all dressed up like that?"

"yeah? i think i look fine. i'll be home before midnight tho so don't worry- as if u would anyway"

"y/n don't u speak like that to me"

"well still. but now u know, i'll see u later- bye"

i almost slammed the door shut, but gladly, i didn't. i wouldn't even be able to imagine the fury on her face if i did so. but i just brushed it off and called a taxi to take me to Sandy's house since she lived in the more civilised part of town. u know, with rich people.

a few minutes went by and i finally arrived there, the guy pulled over right in front. even though she lived in a rich neighbourhood her house was quite small and humble. it matched her in a way.

i built up the courage to walk up to her door and ring the door bell. as soon as the common 'ding dong' sound went off, i heart footsteps coming towards the door from the outside and the door opened.

Sandy poked her head out the door and smiled when she saw me.

she opened the door wider and greeted me with her arms out for me to step in. "oh ur here! i'm so glad u could make it!"

i walked in and shut the door behind me and hugged her tightly. she smelt so nice and her scent seemed to fill the air as soon as i stepped in. she was wearing a silky blue dress that went just past here knees. i couldn't help but check her out quickly before looking back in her eyes.

"u look beautiful," i said shyly. taking a moment to get the full words out of my mouth.

"why thank u my dear, i can say the same about u,"
she looked at me from head to toe and held my hand.   my cheeks instantly turned into pink as i was slightly flustered by her words.

"come in, don't be shy. i know this is our first well- what do u wanna call this?"

"a date perhaps?"
she smiled and nodded at me.

"yes, we can call it a date. make urself at home darling."

i followed her into the living room where everything was set up nicely and there was 2 diner plates tidied on the table with a candle in between them that was already lit. it all looked so simple. i didn't mind it at all.

"this looks pretty,"

"u think so? i was worried u would've thought it was- well- effortless"

"what?! don't be silly- it's sweet- i like things like that. why do u think i'm so in love with u... wait- no i mean,,"

i began stuttering and losing my words. i heard her chuckle as she placed a hand on my shoulder to reassure me.

"oh y/n, u don't have to finish that- ur doing ur little charm thing again."

"my little charm hm?"

"mhm. it's what i call it when u get all nervous around me. i pretend i don't notice most of the time but it's just too cute to miss."

i could feel myself turning red again but she placed her hand on my cheek and pecked my lips.

"oh, right- well i can't really help it sometimes." i laughed out slightly trying to cover it up when i felt a little embarrassed of myself. did i really make it that obvious? either way.

she had told me to sit down at the table, which had pillows scattered all over the floor for us to keep comfy. i sat down and waited for her. she had made parmesan polenta with grilled steak and sauces. i could smell it all the way from the kitchen and my mouth was watering already.

she came in with out plates and placed them down in front of us. then sitting down and filling both our cups with black current juice.

"bon appetite," she said with a slight french accent.

i took my first bite and was entirely blown away.
"mmm- did u make this?"

"mhm, do u like it?"

"yes. it tastes so good"

"why thank u. it's my own recipe. i'm glad u like it baby."

"hm? baby?"

she looked at me and made eye contact. with a slightly concerned look on her face. "u don't mind me calling u baby now do u?"

"oh no, i'm just not used to it- i like that. actually- it sounds nice coming from u."

she smiled once again, except i made her blush this time. god dammit. she looked so beautiful as always. she always left me speechless from day one.

"well then i'll call u that more often if u're comfortable with it."

even tho we started off way ahead of ourselves with everything that happened in that classroom, i still saw something in her that we could have and blossom together. maybe it wasn't the right thing to start off like that but i really liked her. i just wasn't sure how to express it.

...