I Missed You

Song: Sextape - Deftones (instrumental if you can find one)

—————————————————

It was cold.

Cold and dark.

You couldn't feel anything.

Your eyes wouldn't open, so you just laid there in silence, letting your thoughts and imagination take over...

--

"Yosano, can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Of course."

click.

You heard a door close, and muffled voices form outside the door. It was Yosano, and someone else. You couldn't tell who it was, you only knew it was Yosano because her name was said. You were trying to think of who she could be talking to, but you couldn't think of anyone in this state. You didn't even know where you were. All you knew was that you were tired. You wanted to rest.

--

"Are you sure they will do okay?"

"They should be fine, Dazai. They just need their rest." Yosano said, patting Dazai's shoulder. "If they weren't okay I would have told you."

--

It was bright now. Brighter than it has been lately. Too bright. You were awake now, and your eyes slowly opened, being blinded by the light above. You brought a hand up to your face to cover your eyes and rub them. You took your hand away from your face and looked around the room you were in. You recognized the room as you looked around, it was the exam room in Yosano's office.

You looked around a little more to your right and saw Dazai.

You hadn't seen the man like this in a while. He was asleep in one of the chairs, all balled up with his light brown coat over top of him. You were surprised that he was actually able to sleep when it was so bright. You knew that he couldn't sleep if it wasn't pitch black in the room.

That always caused problems between the two of you. Mostly because you couldn't sleep in a pitch black room, and he could only sleep in a pitch black room. It was funny, really. You and Dazai were almost complete opposites when it came to things like that, yet you were both so drawn to the other.

You settled this by getting a dim night light that lit a small portion of your bedroom. It was dim enough that it didn't bother Dazai and you could still somewhat see.

Though this room seemed too bright for Dazai especially to sleep in. You looked a little closer at the man and saw dark circles under his eyes. It was then that you noticed how utterly exhausted he looked. He looked as if he hadn't slept in days, and if he wasn't even getting good sleep at the moment.

"Dazai.." You mumbled, sitting up in the bed you were in. The chair he was in was too far for you to reach without hurting yourself in your fragile state. You sat back in the bed and hoped he would wake up soon. You didn't want to sit in a bed, unable to do anything until he woke up. Though he looked like he really needed some rest.

All you could do at the moment is lay in bed and wait for something to happen.

"..."

It wasn't long until you heard the man swear under his breath awaking from his rest. He yawned and sighed, rubbing his face. You smiled and watched as he stretched a bit before looking at his surroundings. It didn't take him long to realize that you too were awake. Without saying a word, he lunged forward, wrapping his arms around your head and upper body, but being sure not to hold you too tight. You reached up and hugged his torso, starting to realize how much you missed him.

You missed the feeling of him, you missed his scent, you even missed how he looked. And by his reaction to seeing that you were awake, it looked like he missed you too.

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry." He whispered, pulling back from that long awaited embrace. He sat on the bed next to you and closed his eyes while holding your hand. "I'm sorry for everything. I should have never said that you acted like her, you don't. You don't act like her at all. I was just overthinking everything and I fucked things up. I should have never grabbed you like that either. If I didn't say that you wouldn't have left the apartment that night. You also wouldn't have been taken the next day."

You heard Dazai sniffle and continue, "I should have never gone missing for so long and came to the agency earlier, before you left to go look for me. Please don't blame yourself for anything that happened, none of this was your fault."

"I won't blame myself.." You whispered, pulling Dazai closer. He laid his head on your healed chest, putting his legs on the bed. You put a hand in his hair while your other hand held his. "But I'm okay now."

"I,, I'm so glad you are okay now." He said, exhaling heavily.

The both of you didn't really know what to say after that. It was just silence. Not uncomfortable silence, but good silence. Just the two of you. It honestly felt good to not talk about anything and just hold each other. It's what you've both needed these past few days.

Though, there was still so much to talk about. Like how you were once with the Decay of Angels, how you had kept that part of yourself hidden from everyone that you knew, your ability, and all that happened with Fyodor and Shibusawa.

It was crazy to think that all of this came from a small murder case.

A majority of that was over now, and it was just the two of you in a hospital bed.

"..Y/N"

"Hm..?"

"I love you."

You smiled.

"I love you too."

--

End

—————————————————

A/N:

Thank you all for being patient with the very slow updates.

And thank you for all the support on this fic! I know it's not the best, but I'm still somewhat proud of it. 

If you was to see more of my works, I will be writing a DazaiXChuuya fic on ao3 soon. Follow my twitter for more updates: kaynakahara_ 

Thank you for reading!