Day 1 Begins

Song: Home - Blue Jetta

-

"Mhmm hmmm~"

You jumped awake, hearing soft humming.
"Dazai..." You felt him playing with your hands. It was always something that calmed him down, or made him feel safe.

"Morning Beautiful." His voice was tired, and soft.

He was laying down next to you, facing you. His fingers intertwined with yours by this time. 

"Morning," You said lifting you head. You looked out the window. It looked as if it was around 8:30...

"How long have you been up..?" You asked reaching over to grab your phone, to see what time it was.

"Not long." He said also sitting up and stretching.

"That's not a-" You glanced at the time on your home screen and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Dazai asked, leaning in front of your face. He glanced at your screen and also sighed,

"Shit-"

-

It was now around 9:15. You were both just walking out of the apartment, turning the lights off and locking the apartment door. Dazai was still putting on his coat, you still fixing your hair. You both had to rush down to the office, you were already late.

You opened the door to the office and stepped in. You were greeted by a few waves from everyone that was there. Kunikida wasn't there to yell at you both for being late, he was most likely on a job. It was nice.

You walked over to your desk, Dazai following. You sat down and opened your laptop. Dazai sat down across from you and did the same.

You needed to find more information about the murder. Most importantly you needed to find out who that person was. That could solve a lot. You quickly pulled up files with pictures from the crime scene.

Dazai was typing away at his computer as well. He had an idea.

You thought for a moment then remembered that the alleyway was next to a flower shop and a small antique shop. Meaning that there should be security cameras outside. You logged in to the cameras and viewed the footage.

"Dazai come look at this," you said looking up at him. He nodded and walked around the desk, standing behind you. He put his hand over your shoulder and on the desk, gripping the corner.

You played the footage on the three cameras that were outside. You and Dazai looked closely at the people walking by the alleyway.

"Wouldn't you think it was an ability user who did this?" Dazai questioned.

"It must have been. No normal human would have been able to do that," you said skipping through some of the footage.

"Wait stop," Dazai pointed at something on the screen, "Look."

You stopped and let it play at normal speed.

A person wearing a rather bright, white jacket and blue jeans walked into the alleyway. You both looked closely, the person never came out of that alleyway . That was indeed the victim.

A little later in the footage, another person snuck into the alleyway. Their face wasn't caught on camera.

"Damnit.." Dazai cursed under his breath. He knew it wouldn't be that easy, but he was still hopping.

You watched the tape for a while longer. No one came out of the alleyway. You both watched longer, by longer meaning till it showed when you and Dazai had arrived at the scene. A day after.

"How did they get out of the alley...?" You asked in disbelief.

"There's a ladder at the end, remember.." Dazai sighed and sat back in the chair next to you. "Ranpo."

"Hm?"

"Could you help us out with his case for a moment?" Dazai asked.

"Hmm.. Sure." Ranpo agreed. He put his bag of chips down and walked over to the screen. You showed him the pictures of the crime scene and the camera footage.

"Grim." He bluntly said, reaching in his pocket. He pulled out his glasses and slipped them on.

"Ability: Ultra-Deduction!"

You and Dazai waited for a moment and gave Ranpo a moment to think.

"This one's a toughy" Ranpo sighed, "I can't identify the killer, but the killer left one thing undone.."

___________________________

A/N:
This chapter is kinda short😪
Next chapter will be up on Wednesday : )